Why Is It Whenever I Plant Anything The Dirt Dissapears

DrB

4 hours ago, janice6 said:

Why make assumptions for your crops when you could simply ask them what their preference is.

Now that there is a fine suggestion. Now why did not I think of that.....

Dave..

Edited by DrB
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, DrB said:

But the dirt is compacted to holey crap when I dig it up here..  Would not adding air to the soil plus adding the extra big pot of extra soil that came with the tree add up to a mound of soil around it??

Damn, I'm an old farmer and have seen this all my life..  And my dad and his father.....

Dave..

It's the old liberal question.

If you fill a bucket with rocks, it's full.  Then you fill it again with pebbles, it's full,  Then you fill it again with sand, it's full.  Then you fill it again with water, it's full.

Liberals can't figure out how you can keep filling it up and it still holds more.

• Like 1

On 8/11/2019 at 1:44 PM, DrB said:

Ok.. another question. When I plant my lettuce do I arrange the rows to Compass Magnetic North or True North??  Or should I go with the moons rotation for this time of year.???

My head hurts......  Dave...

Don't forget to plan for Coriolis effect, so plant perpendicular to the direction of motion and axis of rotation.  Of course, if we get hit by complete pole reversal, you'll need to apply cold pilsner through your kidneys to save the lettuce. 

• Haha 2