The Boys (Amazon Prime)

KWalrad

Anyone else taken the time to check this out? We're three episodes in and it's starting to grow on me. 

Kind of an anti-superhero movie. Think Avengers (as total assholes) with a bad guys as good guys slant. There's a lot of dark under tones and adult humor mixed in, and each subsequent episode seems to get better. I'm rooting for the "bad" guys on this one.

Check it out and post your thoughts.

Ass bomb.

1 hour ago, Paul53 said:

Dropped Amazon prime at last cost hike.

Got an indoor antennae after quit cable.

Retirement is a lifestyle hit unless you're lucky.

I get that. Our fiber converter **** the bed last Sunday, so we were without cable and internet service until yesterday afternoon. I slapped an indoor antenna on and spent the rest of the week thinking that I could live without cable. She-who-thinks-she-must-be-obeyed (SWTSMBO) however, not so much. Apparently the ability to pause, rewind, and record has been ingrained into her psyche.

We're over Netflix BS as well. The Prime is primarily used for shipping savings and music streaming. 

5 minutes ago, KWalrad said:

The Prime is primarily used for shipping savings and music streaming. 

This. 

We use it for video too, but wouldn't pay for it if that's all it was.  Free 2 day shipping, credits for free video if we accept slower shipping, video, and music all together are worth the cost to us.  Take away any one component and it becomes less and less valuable.

• Thanks 1