Snubby's. Just Because....

Wishoot

I'm becoming more and more addicted to buying these things.  We've got a .22-32 on the left and a M36 on the right.   

The triggers on these old S&W's is butter.  

SANDWS.jpg

Now I'm on the hunt for a M40 Lemon Squeezer.  

Edited by Wishoot
  • Like 11
  • Thanks 1

On 9/6/2017 at 6:57 AM, Wishoot said:

I'm becoming more and more addicted to buying these things.  We've got a .22-32 on the left and a M36 on the right.   

The triggers on these old S&W's is butter.  

SANDWS.jpg

Now I'm on the hunt for a M40 Lemon Squeezer.  

I have 22/32 just like that too, though it wears Spegel stocks. IIRC it's 1955 dated.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, ROB said:

I have 22/32 just like that too, though it wears Spegel stocks. IIRC it's 1955 dated.

Great little gun and incredibly accurate even with cheap ammo.

I don't think the stocks on mine are original.  I believe they're supposed to have a diamond pattern like the ones on the M36.

1 hour ago, Spats McGee said:

I've only ever owned one snubnose:  a Ruger LCR in .357.  It's not a lot of fun (nor am I very accurate) with .357s, so I load it with .38s.  It's actually a lot of fun to shoot with those.

I got rid of my LCR a while back.  It was actually pretty easy to shoot .38's, but the grip was very bulky and at that time, there were no alternatives for smaller grips.  It printed like crazy IWB and pocket carry was out of the question.  I wouldn't mind picking one up now, but I've got plenty of J-Frames that fill the snubby role now.  

• Like 1

My collection of snubs consists of...

Charter Arms .38 Undercover. This was my first carry gun. Got it a few days after I finally got my carry permit. 

S&W 36. A newer one with the frame mounted firing pin. Bought it as tradebait, really, but it ended up sitting in my Mother's nightstand drawer for over 10 years. I have it back now that she's gone, but haven't figured out what to do with it. 

S&W 042 Centennial Airweight. This one has been my primary CCW gun for almost 20 years. 

S&W Model 38 Airweight. I'd always wanted a humpback, and last October I finally found one for a good price. 

S&W Model 30. I love the .32 Long cartridge. When I saw this one on gunbroker, I just had to have it. It's so.... polite... to shoot. 

S&W Model 12. My only K frame snubby, and an Airweight to boot. 

And, finally, not really a snubby, but I'll throw it in... my 3" Model 36. It's my nightstand gun.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Mike Irwin said:

My collection of snubs consists of...

Charter Arms .38 Undercover. This was my first carry gun. Got it a few days after I finally got my carry permit. 

S&W 36. A newer one with the frame mounted firing pin. Bought it as tradebait, really, but it ended up sitting in my Mother's nightstand drawer for over 10 years. I have it back now that she's gone, but haven't figured out what to do with it. 

S&W 042 Centennial Airweight. This one has been my primary CCW gun for almost 20 years. 

S&W Model 38 Airweight. I'd always wanted a humpback, and last October I finally found one for a good price. 

S&W Model 30. I love the .32 Long cartridge. When I saw this one on gunbroker, I just had to have it. It's so.... polite... to shoot. 

S&W Model 12. My only K frame snubby, and an Airweight to boot. 

And, finally, not really a snubby, but I'll throw it in... my 3" Model 36. It's my nightstand gun.

Polite!!!! I love that. :supergrin:

True too, I shoot them more often than not in my Single Seven .327, the federal WC load.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, ROB said:

Polite!!!! I love that. :supergrin:

True too, I shoot them more often than not in my Single Seven .327, the federal WC load.

Yeah, I love the .32 Long. In addition to the snubby Model 30, I have a 4" Regulation Police I frame and a 4" Colt Police Positive. 

I've also got both a Smith and a Colt in .32-20, as well, but that's for another thread. 

• Like 2

Let's see;

NAA Mini .22mag/lr 1.6"

22/32 Kit Gun (pre model 34)

Taurus mod 94 2"

Taurus View (without the view) .38sp

Model 49 .38sp

Model 442-2 .38sp

Ruger LCR .357

Colt Cobra (1966) .38sp

Model 242 (L frame centennial 7 shooter) .38sp 2.5"

Ruger GP100 3" .357

Mod 325sc 2.75" .45acp

Mod 629 .44mag 3"

So yeah, I like short revolvers.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Fook and crap-ola...! :angryfire: I had to retake the "family photo" because I forgot about one of the "siblings" (the .38-only 640, top row, third from left). My wife loved that piece so much, she "adopted" it as her own... :|

Here's a revised photo depicting the entire family...

Snubs rev2 resized.jpg

• Like 5

20 hours ago, Jframe said:

Fook and crap-ola...! :angryfire: I had to retake the "family photo" because I forgot about one of the "siblings" (the .38-only 640, top row, third from left). My wife loved that piece so much, she "adopted" it as her own... :|

Here's a revised photo depicting the entire family...

Snubs rev2 resized.jpg

Nice looking background.  Now, you can crop it and have a family Christmas card for next year.  .....  r:anim_rofl2:  Can you imagine?  They'd probably evacuate a sorting facility.  

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

Nice looking background.  Now, you can crop it and have a family Christmas card for next year.  .....  r:anim_rofl2:  Can you imagine?  They'd probably evacuate a sorting facility.  

rofl.gif.0fe0a0f0120391a573ce8c5947922dde.gifrofl.gif.cc7848338eac90d47d437c2e1ff15bab.gif

...Will you come visit me behind bars...? :D