This years farm fields in the midwest

pipedreams

xx.thumb.jpg.5bd8f63c0579b0f50da74d36e0a26bbf.jpg

Many of the field never got planted and some that did now have water standing in them.  Anyone that has crops to sell this fall will get a premium.  I snapped this on the way home this morning just as example, many areas are worse and this is just from rain not river flooding.

Edited by pipedreams
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, pipedreams said:

xx.thumb.jpg.5bd8f63c0579b0f50da74d36e0a26bbf.jpg

Many of the field never got planted and some that did now have water standing in them.  Anyone that has crops to sell this fall will get a premium.  I snapped this on the way home this morning just as example, many areas are worse and this is just from rain not river flooding.

Yes......  Looks my back field......

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Huaco Kid said:

So that's where brown rice comes from!

Nah... The upper paddy is where the Water Buffalo poop.  That's where the brown rice comes from.  White rice lower paddy after the water filters through...

Dave

Edited by DrB
  • Haha 1

We’ve got most of the corn planted here, but the soybeans are just getting started.  We’re sitting pretty compared to most of the rest of the Midwest.

As far as markets go, my guess is that the market high was on Thursday, and capitalized, selling corn for $4.59/bu for January 2020 delivery.  It’s just getting too late to plant corn, and the market has reflected that.

There’s still plenty of time for soybeans, however, and the market hasn’t been near as bullish.  We’ll need the tariffs lifted before that market moves, and I don’t see that happening any time soon.

• Like 2