For the Glock 10mm Guys

Moshe

Probably not much more than a 25 round .45 ACP magazine.   Makes a good back up mag.  If you want to go hot on a black bear, you can riddle it.  You can actually carry concealed, as I have with the .45ACP mags, They tend to stick underneath your arm, but possible.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Moshe said:

KRISS just came out with a 33 round 10mm magazine.

I have a 33 round 9mm mag for my G-17..and altho it's kinda a neat range toy..it takes FOREVER to load and it makes for lotsa rounds being fired really quickly. After the first empty, I normally put it aside and use 3 17 round magazines. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, usnret said:

I have a 33 round 9mm mag for my G-17..and altho it's kinda a neat range toy..it takes FOREVER to load and it makes for lotsa rounds being fired really quickly. After the first empty, I normally put it aside and use 3 17 round magazines. 

I use a UPULA, and keep my magazines loaded.

11 hours ago, minervadoe said:

My fingers hurt just thinking about loading that magazine.  And, my pocket book hurts when I imagine buying ammo for it.  How about getting one of these.

UPULA, I keep several around the house.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Cougar_ml said:

So the choice is spend $36 and have a magazine that holds an extra 18 rounds, or spend $40-45 and get 2 15 round magazines.  It might be nice for a range toy just to show off, or maybe in a carbine, but not for everyone.

Future carbine, plus extra firepower.

2 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

10mm carbine!!  Now that makes a ton of sense.  A little extra barrel length to get a few more fps out of a smoking hot 10mm round.  For that, I would need a 33 round  drum.  :dancinsmiley::rifle:

Stick mag.

All the time.  But, then my wife comes along and wants to know why I need this that or the other.  Here is the secret that all of us old married guys know.  And my wife was kind enough to call me an old man this morning.  I guess the white in my hair is prospering.  You start off as a young single buck, and you think you have all your crap together.  Then you get married, and slowly, but surely, they take over.  They create after 20 years an inept, confused person, who doesn't know where anything is filed, and they make you dependent upon them.  So, I might have some luck toward next year, barring more annoying surgeries.  My 3/1/2019 Ptosis surgery was moved to 3/6/2019.  It might be nice to see again without the proverbial shades half closed.

The Louis denied knowing anything about dying hair. :)

On 2/28/2019 at 5:58 AM, Moshe said:

I use a UPULA, and keep my magazines loaded.

I have a 'speed' loader, not as whizbang as the Upula but it still takes a while. Biggest issue is the speed at which I end up using up ammo...

I got two 33 round 10mm's last night.  I loaded one with the UPULA without any problems.  That was after a day of being in exceptional pain from wearing myself out too fast.  Every muscle, and nerve ending was firing, and I still managed it.  The UPULA is a cheap, inexpensive way to save your hands and load faster.

The Maglula loaders re easy to use, if you shoot a lot, they are a necessity almost, Some pistol mags are a pain to load by hand. the maglula makes it easy. I have one to fit AR15, AR10, Ruger 10/22, single stack 22. and all handgun mags.  They also unload one easy too.

1 hour ago, Borg warner said:

I know that the Kriss extensions are 100 percent reliable but they're too big and clunky to be practical.  I'd prefer a 5 round extension.

This is what it would look like:

124kriss-glock.jpg

Yes, interchangeability and firepower are nice.  No one thinks much of putting a 33 rounder in a G-17, the result would be the same.  I will take a 10mm over a 9mm for knockdown any day.  Would be great whenever STAG decides to release their SBR.