Happy Groundhog/Honey Badger Day everyone!

Mrs.Cicero

One story I heard was told by one of the old "Inner Circle" officials.  He said, as usual, they planned and planned and doublechecked and everything was set to go off smoothly that year.

They had the groundhog and took him barhopping to all the local places.  Somewhere throughout the night they put Phil in his cage and into a trunk.  And did more barhopping.

They went straight to the ceremony from the last bar and when they got there,  they found Phil dead.  Frozen solid.

They took turns, standing around, holding Phil inside their coats, to at least thaw him out.  Right before the ceremony,  they indiscreetly slipped him into the stump.

When it was time to pull him out,  the guy held him over his head for a few seconds and waved him around,  then swiftly put him back in the stump.

He said they always had backup groundhogs after that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, minervadoe said:

So, Phil did not see his shadow, thus predicting an early spring.  Hmmm, me thinks the little marmot got this one wrong.  But, we will see, and I will keep my fingers crossed that he is right. 

Groundhog Day 2019: Punxsutawney Phil predicts an early spring

I heard some weather man disparage Phil by noting that Phil has been wrong 6 out of the last 10 years.  Of course, that could simply be professional jealousy.    IDK.  

• Haha 2