If You Have a Sears Warrant, Don't Bother

Moshe

So, I needed the 2008 Kenmore, Dishwasher.  The soap dispenser doesn't work and the top track is fercockt .  I am told the technician would be here on the 9th between 8-12.  No one shows up, no call.  I call to complain, they say now between the 10th between 8-12.  No call, no one shows up.  Then I am told today, the same thing, again a no-show.  12 hours of my life in the crapper I would rather do other things.  So, I go round and round with a Supervisor that he might as well replace the unit, as compensation for wasting my time.  Can't do it without a technician that has been here for years fixing their crappy dishwasher.  It is nothing new.  Oh, but, a technician needs to see it.  What the ghost of the guy who never shows, nor calls?  So, I called their corporate office and lodged a complaint, and left them a very bad "How are we doing card."  Apparently, 8-12 is no longer available for the foreseeable future until the end of the month.  I postulated, you bumped me three times in a row without so much as a notification.  You can damn well bump someone else with that frame can't you.  I think I am going to prepare a bill and send it to Sears corporate based on the amount of time I essentially make an hour.  If not, find a collection agency and give them the corporate number.

For about a year I was involved with repairing Sears outdoor power equipment and vacuums.  They lied to get the company I worked for to do the repairs, then lied repeatedly to us when we worked on them, and then took back all of the repairs from my company.  The local shop had moved from a 10K ft^2 facility to a 30k ft^2 facility, and when sears disappeared the facility shut down a year later because of the lies.

So needless to say, I am not a fan of any business directly related to Sears or Kmart.  

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Exit Plan said:

They are both parts of a conglomeration owned by Sears Holding Co, with the majority ownership Eddie Lampert both personally, and through his hedge fund ESL. Lampert is in the process of buying the company out of bankruptcy. 

Yes, Lampert is the holder, and where corporate complaints go to die.

It is interesting.  I had a stove element fixed, and the technician was cool.  He hates Sears because they are going through a bankruptcy and apparently, because of his screw the employees, screw the technicians, Lampert has more security than Trump.

• Thanks 1

My wife went through something very similar with the ice maker in our refrigerator. She made the appointment even though the first available spot was a month away. A week before the tech was to be out, she got an email saying that the appointment had been rescheduled another 30 days out. She called and asked why. The phone rep told said that my wife had rescheduled it. She had not and told the rep so. The rep insisted that she had. Bad move on her part. My wife went into full warrior mode, spent the next 45 minutes on the phone escalating from one manager to the next and not making any progress.

She hung up and searched out their Facebook page and proceeded to tell the world what a piece of **** that Sears had become, detailing the chain of events and all of her dealings with them.

The next day she gets a phone call telling her that the tech would be out next week. He not only showed up but actually brought all of the possible parts he might need. 

Squeaky wheel got greased.

Edited by jmohme
  • Like 1

Sears has outsourced so many things, that it is a snarled up mess; and if you get a repairman, it will be a contractor.

They have sold-off the name, piece by piece, and if I were you, I would never do business with them again. Because bankruptcy is an ugly thing, where they can rob people legally.

I am just saying, that right now, Sears is radioactive.

Edited by Suspect Unknown
  • Like 1