Glock imperfection. Need new sights.

PNWguy

So, new G19 Gen 5 MOS came with factory night sights.  Nice sights.  But, due to the MOS configuration, they hang off the back of the slide just a tiny bit.  Doesn't seem like a big deal until you actually carry the thing IWB.

The sharp edge of the bottom of the sight pokes right into my skin and hurts like heck after just a couple of minutes.

Can't believe Glock did something so dumb and so annoying for concealed carry.

sK91_-KqQQGezz86KtdGDg.jpg.d35403c77fad91a895419e18944e95bb.jpg

I figure I'll go with suppressor sights since I have to replace them anyways; might as well be able to co-witness.

• Thanks 1

Ending up ordering these...

https://www.opticsplanet.com/ameriglo-black-rear-sight-flat-notch-classic-507-height-150-width-for-glock-pist.html

Apparently, amazingly, they are the only option for suppressor sights for Glocks using the MOS system to clear the taller Burris Fastfire III.  With tax and shipping it was $56 for plain steel sights.  Oh well, at least they won't make carrying the pistol painful and now I have back up sights.

• Like 1

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 5:55 PM, PNWguy said:

https://www.opticsplanet.com/ameriglo-black-rear-sight-flat-notch-classic-507-height-150-width-for-glock-pist.html

Apparently, amazingly, they are the only option for suppressor sights for Glocks using the MOS system to clear the taller Burris Fastfire III.  With tax and shipping it was $56 for plain steel sights.  Oh well, at least they won't make carrying the pistol painful and now I have back up sights.

I use Triijicon Suppressor height Night Sights.  In the event the red dot fails, I have something work with day or night.  I have left the red dot on for weeks, with no ill effects or need for a battery change just yet.

7 hours ago, Moshe said:

I use Triijicon Suppressor height Night Sights.  In the event the red dot fails, I have something work with day or night.  I have left the red dot on for weeks, with no ill effects or need for a battery change just yet.

With the taller Fastfire 3, there is ONE choice in sights, and that's what I ordered.  Lots of other combos I wish I could have considered, but none were the required .507" height.

1 minute ago, PNWguy said:

With the taller Fastfire 3, there is ONE choice in sights, and that's what I ordered.  Lots of other combos I wish I could have considered, but none were the required .507" height.

I see.  I haven't tried one of those on a pistol yet.  I always flip for the Trijicons, on all my pistols.  Fortunately, the FNX-45 tactical came with them already installed.  Anything with an RMR I get the Trijicion Suppressor Height so I can co-witness, and have the sights as a back up day and night.  I have seen the Fast Fire on pistols, nothing wrong with them, they just not for me.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 5:55 PM, PNWguy said:

I put the Tritium suppressor sight on my G41, and when I put on the Viper Venom, I found the  viper was below my rear sight and the rear sight was back from the rear of the slide.  Worked well.

2 hours ago, janice6 said:

I put the Tritium suppressor sight on my G41, and when I put on the Viper Venom, I found the  viper was below my rear sight and the rear sight was back from the rear of the slide.  Worked well.

Yeah, I wish I would have done a bit more research before buying the Fastfire.  It's a great quality sight and works well, but the height and lack of tall enough sights is an issue.

• Like 1