Keeping magazines separate

Tjs

10 minutes ago, Tjs said:

If you have both a g26 and g 27 what do you do to keep the magazines easily identifiable to each caliber. I keep backups of each in the car.

Paint the appropriate"26" or "27" on the back of them in white paint and keep them in different mag carriers in different locations if you feel you must leave spare ammo in the vehicle. I recommend using that ammo at the range at least once a month in the summertime depending where you live. Warm southern state replace it often.

Edited by Citra47
  • Like 1

Change baseplate colors for one caliber.

I keep 15 round Glock 31 mags in my car.  I carry either the 32 or 33.

I also keep SIG P365 mags in the car for when I feel like carrying 9mm.  This way I can grab the appropriate mag since they are different brands.

2 hours ago, Citra47 said:

Paint the appropriate"26" or "27" on the back of them in white paint and keep them in different mag carriers in different locations if you feel you must leave spare ammo in the vehicle. I recommend using that ammo at the range at least once a month in the summertime depending where you live. Warm southern state replace it often.

Nail polish works great.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tjs said:

If you have both a g26 and g 27 what do you do to keep the magazines easily identifiable to each caliber. I keep backups of each in the car.

I bought a silver metallic type marker and marked my batch of g17 and g19 mags so if I grabbed the G17(next to G19), I wouldn't grab a -19 magazine..Marked end and sides..

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Tjs said:

If you have both a g26 and g 27 what do you do to keep the magazines easily identifiable to each caliber. I keep backups of each in the car.  Also makes it easy to ID yours if they end up on ground at the range.

I put a dab of my wife's finger nail polish on the bottom of the magazines.  Different colors for different calibers.

Edited by Historian
  • Thanks 1

I own a G26 & G27, and have quite a number of mags for them. They're usually mixed together in various drawers, boxes and trays.

I simply look at the back of the mags and see which caliber is molded into them by the company. Handy they make them that way.