SiriusXM Renewal Rates?

DrB

My subscription is about to expire.  For those who have, what are the best rates for a year renewal you have gotten?

I have Pandora in the truck but around here it drops out at strange times, like when I'm driving to work.  I want to keep Sirius if not too expensive.  My package is the one with everything as I listen to Howard in the morning once in awhile...

Dave..

I tired of thier games years ago and dumped them.

a person shouldnt have to threaten to cancel every 5 monthsto keep their rate from doubling. Now I just hit play on my ipod and never have to hear any Stones Springsteen or Rush garbage!

• Like 2

I just got another "come back - we miss you" offer in the mail from them yesterday. I've been away for three years. They're offering 5 months for $30 now, but frankly it just doesn't interest me. 90% of their content is hip-hop **** and liberal talk shows. I wouldn't listen to it if it were free.

53 minutes ago, BamaBud said:

Both our new cars had free trials. We never tuned in.

As they expired, they called frequently. The last offer was 6 months for $2.

I asked them to remove my number from their lists.

Yeah, they count on you forgetting to cancel and then it'll renew at the high rates.

I've paid $114/yr for the last 3 years. Wait for the renewal letter and call them. I just tell them its worth the same to me as it was last year. If it doesn't work next year, I'll cancel. Also, never give them a credit card. Have them mail you a bill and send a check. 

I fell into the Sirius scam a few years ago when I owned a 2012 Ford Fusion.  It came free with the car for 6 months and I had a daily 150-mile commute, so it was worth it.  Renewed it for around $80 a year.  Then I got divorced and moved up to Idaho and no longer had a commute and it wasn't worth it to me.  Called and told them not to renew.  Charged me anyway and about doubled the cost.

Took a week of fighting with Filipino customer service people to get out of it.  Vowed never again.

Had it for 6 months free with my new Ram pickup and ignored the ridiculously low renewal bait and switch offers.  Then I bought a 2005 GMC Yukon with it and it was active.  Former owner must have subscribed to it.  I bought it in May and it just stopped working about 3 weeks ago.  So, another 6 months of free service.  No offers this time, so I suspect the previous owner was unsuccessful in getting his contract terminated and paid for the remaining service on the yearly renewal.  Better him than me.

I had it and paid $9.95 a month for a few years 8 or 10 years ago. They decided my monthly check was not good enough and they wanted to raise the rate to $12.00 per month. I said shut it off.

They send letters for 6 months and got to the point of offering 1 year for $7.00, I just laughed. When I got my newest truck I told the dealer if they gave those bastards my number I would sue them. It was nice to have but isn't worth over $10.00 a month to me.

I am on a $100 a year plan, one payment. I do not have full access, but the content I get suffices. In my presets I have 60's, 70's, 80's, 90's, First Wave, Fox news, Patriot channel, another conservative talk, and occasional hockey game and then seasonal stuff. Considering I am multi state driving, absolutely good for me. Phone has a data cutoff, so using it not good.

They keep sending me the 29.95 for 6 months offer, but you have to use a credit card and call to cancel if you don't want auto renewal. I'm not playing wait on the phone for hours trying to get someone to cancel it at the end of 6 months. If I could send a check and them cut it off at 6 months I'd jump on it , but I'm not giving them my credit card number under any circumstance.

• Like 1