REALLY SLEAZY CRAP happening on the "Other " site

XSIV4S

I just found out they apparently banned GamerGirl.  What the actual ****?

GG was about the nicest member over there.  I don't think she was CAPABLE of committing a banable offense.  

Eric - I know you don't like us bashing GT and I do apologize - but they have lost their ever-loving minds!

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

I just don't get RussP. He was an original member, and he and I had some real throw-down arguments over there, but I never thought he was too bad. Then he disappeared for awhile, now he's back as ubermoderator, and seems to be bringing the ban-hammer down with a quickness.

He's not a mod here so hopefully he'll be back to his old self.

That said - Eric gives us more freedom over here so personally I try not to push it too far.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SC Tiger said:

I just found out they apparently banned GamerGirl.  What the actual ****?

GG was about the nicest member over there.  I don't think she was CAPABLE of committing a banable offense.  

Eric - I know you don't like us bashing GT and I do apologize - but they have lost their ever-loving minds!

Anyone got contact info? Invite her over (Perhaps she's on other firearms sites using the same Sig?).

7 minutes ago, XSIV4S said:

Anyone got contact info? Invite her over (Perhaps she's on other firearms sites using the same Sig?).

I'm assuming she was based off of what I was told over there (not by a mod).  Maybe it was a temp ban or something but her profile at GT seems to still be active.

ETA - wait, no it isn't.

Edited by SC Tiger

26 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

I'm assuming she was based off of what I was told over there (not by a mod).  Maybe it was a temp ban or something but her profile at GT seems to still be active.

IMO she is banned for good.

https://www.glocktalk.com/members/gamergirl.150634/

They had a thread going for the most recently banned members and she was one of them. Thread was also removed.

Every now and then she was poking people with different opinions, and she knows how to do it well. That being said, it wasn't ban worthy, and she was never too proud to agree with the same people in other situations. If she is the new tipping point for bans, they can go ahead and remove 50% of all members.

Edited by crockett

• Administrators

A few things. 

1.  I don’t want to bash GT. Not there and not here.  

2. We can talk about it without bashing. Things are obviously different on GT. 

3. I have been on  GT a long time. I know many people there. I would like to keep being there even if it is less and less 

4.  Just for the record, because someone went really conspiracy theory in that thread, I have utterly no financial tie to this site.  Eric and I are friends and hang out in the real world.  I am happy he is doing this and has many other awesome things planned. 

5. Whatever happens the world will keep  spinning. 

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Rabbi said:

A few things. 

1.  I don’t want to bash GT. Not there and not here.  

2. We can talk about it without bashing. Things are obviously different on GT. 

3. I have been on  GT a long time. I know many people there. I would like to keep being there even if it is less and less 

4.  Just for the record, because someone went really conspiracy theory in that thread, I have utterly no financial tie to this site.  Eric and I are friends and hang out in the real world.  I am happy he is doing this and has many other awesome things planned. 

5. Whatever happens the world will keep  spinning. 

Oh no, no, no. I read it on the internet you are an investor here! 

Just now, crockett said:

IMO she is banned for good.

https://www.glocktalk.com/members/gamergirl.150634/

They had a thread going for the most recently banned members and she was one of them. Thread was also removed.

Every now and than she was poking people with different opinions, and she knows how to do it well. That being said, it wasn't ban worthy, and she was never too proud to agree with the same people in other situations. If she is the new tipping point for bans, they can go ahead and remove 50% of all members.

She pokes people but never got disrespectful.  I've seen much worse be tolerated.  Maybe that's the new normal.

Somehow they haven't nuked GKL yet as far as I can tell.  

• Like 1

I was always a quiet member on the 'other' forum, but today I let loose a rant on Rabbi's post there which may get me booted. Oh, well...

Sad thing is that I have got 19 years in over there and here I'm just fresh meat. I guess that's how things roll. But it would be nice to get my time 'grandfathered' in.

Anyhow, the fires aboard the good ship GT are burning but I doubt the ship will sink. Maybe roll a bit further northward hey?

Ronaldo, snark mode on today

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

He's not a mod here so hopefully he'll be back to his old self.

That said - Eric gives us more freedom over here so personally I try not to push it too far.

He's here???

I tried to PM you here, the system says you have PMs blocked. FYI.

Edited by M&P15T

14 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

She pokes people but never got disrespectful.  I've seen much worse be tolerated.  Maybe that's the new normal.

Somehow they haven't nuked GKL yet as far as I can tell.  

Give it time before she gets the boot, too.  I'm guessing NeverMore isn't going to last very long either, as he's directly poking at the mods.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ronaldo said:

I was always a quiet member on the 'other' forum, but today I let loose a rant on Rabbi's post there which may get me booted. Oh, well...

Sad thing is that I have got 19 years in over there and here I'm just fresh meat. I guess that's how things roll. But it would be nice to get my time 'grandfathered' in.

Anyhow, the fires aboard the good ship GT are burning but I doubt the ship will sink. Maybe roll a bit further northward hey?

Ronaldo, snark mode on today

I just read what you had to say over there and I think it was very well thought out and well said, congrats and welcome aboard over here.

18 minutes ago, UnifiedFieldTheory said:

Give it time before she gets the boot, too.  I'm guessing NeverMore isn't going to last very long either, as he's directly poking at the mods.

She seems to have calmed down from what I've read.  But I haven't really searched out her posts.  What happens, happens I suppose.

I kinda poked at the mods there too but decided to just walk away from the thread.  No point, really.

18 minutes ago, M&P15T said:

He's here???

I tried to PM you here, the system says you have PMs blocked. FYI.

He's around as a general member.  I think.  Check the "New members say hi" thread.

As far as PMs I have no idea what is happening.  I asked Eric but he hasn't replied yet.

Edited by SC Tiger

7 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

She seems to have calmed down from what I've read.  But I haven't really searched out her posts.  What happens, happens I suppose.

I kinda poked at the mods there too but decided to just walk away.  No point, really.

He's around as a general member.  I think.  Check the "New members say hi" thread.

As far as PMs I have no idea what is happening.  I asked Eric but he hasn't replied yet.

As far as I know it is just Eric and Rabbi so far.

• Administrators
3 minutes ago, SC Tiger said:

So the lunatics really ARE running the asylum.  Damn.

And keep in mind, I don’t have a clue how to help you around here.  If I tried to moderate something, I would probably infect the place with space herpes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Rabbi said:

And keep in mind, I don’t have a clue how to help you around here.  If I tried to moderate something, I would probably infect the place with space herpes. 

No thanks.  I don't need that again.....

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Haha 3

• Eric locked this topic