Dramatic Pictures

Eric

'Surf's Up' By Emma Rose Karsten

"This photo was taken in June 22,2020 from the parking lot of my high school - Lafayette High School in Wildwood MO (a suburb of St. Louis). For a split second I thought it was a huge wall of water! Shortly after this cloud appeared it rained, but not a significant amount. It was awesome. Literally."

Young Weather Photographer Of The Year 2020: Runner Up 'Surf's Up' By Emma Rose Karsten

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

'Sa Foradada Storm' By Marc Marco Ripoll

"It was a big storm during that night. I live in Valldemossa, in a small town from Mallorca, and I have this location close from where I live. When I saw the lightnings I took my car and I drive to that place to catch the storm. This rock is very famous in Mallorca, is called Sa Foradada (it means The Hole). Many people goes there to see the sunset, I went there to see the storm."

Finalist 'Sa Foradada Storm' By Marc Marco Ripoll

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

'Mammatus Outbreak' By Borisss1982

"This was by far the most spectacular mammatus display I've ever seen in my entire life. After an exciting chase I stopped next to Leipzig (Saxony) to shoot some lightnings on a backside of a thunderstorm. After the sun went down low-hanging mammatus clouds began to shines red and blue. I was just speechless, as I only saw such displays on photos from USA and was not expected to see it in Germany. As a bonus a small lightning found a way to the photo. Simply EPIC!"

Finalist 'Mammatus Outbreak' By Borisss1982

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Eric featured this topic