'Good Cemeterian' honors veterans by restoring gravestones

pipedreams

Nice story for the 4th of July

"Lumish’s mission doesn’t end once the gravestones are clean. He takes before-and-after photos and posts them to his Facebook page and website, titled with his nickname "The Good Cemeterian," along with a short biography so his thousands of followers can celebrate their life. "

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/02/good-cemeterian-honors-veterans-by-restoring-gravestones-celebrating-their-stories.html

image.png.72577082bea83d497c9e9b75938044ab.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On any given day, Andrew Lumish arrives at a historic Tampa-area cemetery without fanfare or attention. He’s there to carefully restore veteran’s gravestones blackened by the elements and decades of neglect.

Lumish, a cleaning company owner, aims to refurbish the memories – and the gravestones – of America’s heroes whose time-worn tombstones have started falling apart.

Lumish said he stumbled upon a Tampa cemetery five years ago to photograph some gravestones, but what he saw that day would change his life.

“So many veteran’s monuments…were in really poor condition and it was upsetting to me,” he said. “I didn’t want for them to be forgotten…I started to research how to properly restore monuments.”

He's a good man.  

• Like 2