opinions on a 10mm platforms

DUBSY

On 7/3/2018 at 10:20 PM, jmohme said:

Sorry to change the subject, but I noticed the Welsh Cardigan Corgi as your avatar. I have Cardigans too. Great little/big dogs!

Five years ago I had never heard of them. Now I own three. We rescued a male black and white who is now 14. Then later on the owner/ breeder of that male asked if we would keep a pregnant female until she welped. After which she let us keep the mama and gave us a female pup. That pup is now 2 1/2 years old and a grand champion in confirmation as of last month. The wife and I may give breeding a try and keep on showing.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, DUBSY said:

Five years ago I had never heard of them. Now I own three. We rescued a male black and white who is now 14. Then later on the owner/ breeder of that male asked if we would keep a pregnant female until she welped. After which she let us keep the mama and gave us a female pup. That pup is now 2 1/2 years old and a grand champion in confirmation as of last month. The wife and I may give breeding a try and keep on showing.

I have three also. Corgis are kind of like Lays potato chips in that way I suppose.

Magellan, the one on the left in this picture got his championship last year. The other two are not show dogs, but still great dogs.

IMG_0041.JPG

Magellan's brother looks exactly like the corgi in your avatar. If I can find a picture of him I will post it later.

Edited by jmohme

• 3 months later...
On 7/5/2018 at 5:37 PM, DUBSY said:

Ok, back on point. Do most people who get  the G20 swap out barrel and springs?

If it is a gen 2/3 then yeah, you'll want to play with heavier springs if you get into the hotter loads.  

Gen 4 will handle hot loads right out of the box.  Mine does weak PPU .40 up to Underwood max 10mm loads (back when they labeled them "not for Delta Elite")

I EDC my G20.4, so no barrel change for me.  I do own a .40 conversion barrel, and a 6.75 inch threaded barrel for heavy cast loads and a suppressor, but some cast loads will work in the stock barrel if you pay attention for any leading.  .40 can also be fired from the stock barrel as the ejector keeps it against the block, just make sure you clean the chamber before running 10mm in it again.  Hickock 45 ran some heavy cast through a stock barrel.  If I recall correctly the 200 gr bullets worked okay, but terrible accuracy from the 220 gr.

To answer the original question of the thread, the G20.4 is a great place to start if you want to get into 10mm.  The extra mass really tames the 10mm loads, less felt recoil (to me) than shooting .40 in a G22 or G23, and very soft if you shoot the .40 from it.

• Thanks 1