What's your favorite .22LR handgun?

fortyofforty

4 hours ago, BamaBud said:

Ruger Mk series. I had seven, and have 5 left, all bull barrels. A Mk I, II, and 3 Mk IIIs.

I use them to teach new shooters. If you can't learn to hit a target with them, you're hopeless.

I'm planning on replacing them with Mk IVs as I sell off the old ones.

Just curious, what about the Mark IV do you prefer to a Mark II? I doubt if I will ever get rid of my Mark II

• Like 2

S&W 617 with irons. I've won every state match and two World Shoots in Alabama never been beat. Had it longer than anything else and has more rounds fired than anything else.

IMG_20171016_164331.jpg

Edited by ede
  • Like 5

Blued ruger mk iv target with a volquartsen accurizing kit and the volquartsen firing pin. Endless amounts of fun. Put a red dot on it and it got boring to shoot because I could literally hit anything, including a 6” steel plate at 100 yards. Shot it so much that my shooting with iron sights started to suffer, so I took it off.

I really want a S&w 43c but but haven’t bought one because I hear they get dirty fast and require cleaning after a minimal amount of rounds.

Most of my .22 shooting is usually done in large amounts at a time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

My favorite is the 7 inch model 41 Smith and Wesson, but I also love the Colt Woodsman. I like the Ruger Standard Auto especially the blued  6 inch tapered barrel models and wish they'd offer that barrel configuration, Blued, not stainless, in the new Mark IV. I have a blued Mk II 6 inch bull barrel but will probably sell it and get a Buck Mark Contour 7.25 URX. These sell for about $500 bucks, much less than what I'd have to pay for a Model 41 Smith or a woodsman.

buckmark.jpg

• Like 4

I have had real good results from a S&W M&P 22 compact, it has taken care of numerous nuisance animals for me in the past few years.

I also own a MKIII 22/45 LITE that is decent, but I had to put quite a few "upgrades" on it for it to be reliable.

In the past I have owned 2 different model Buckmarks, a MKII and a Ruger SR22. The only one of those regret selling was the MKII.

• Like 3

On 6/1/2018 at 7:34 PM, Boogieman said:

I bought this Ruger 22-45 in 1992.  I've lost track of how many people I've introduced to shooting with her.  It's the gun I taught my nephew to shoot with.  And he's now a SEAL.

2245.jpg

I have that exact same pistol. Probably purchased the same year as yours. I hardly ever shoot it anymore but my kids cut their teeth on my 22/45. When my dad passed away, I inherited his MK 1. My kids love that one because it belonged to Pops. My boys aren't SEALs but they are serving.  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, MikeG36 said:

I have that exact same pistol. Probably purchased the same year as yours. I hardly ever shoot it anymore but my kids cut their teeth on my 22/45. When my dad passed away, I inherited his MK 1. My kids love that one because it belonged to Pops. My boys aren't SEALs but they are serving.  

The nephew is going for Tier 1.  His b!tch of a mother blames me.:D

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't shoot much .22LR anymore but growing up I had an H&R 22LR / 22Mag. It came with two cylinders and was a great woods gun for a kid. Unfortunately it's long gone. I currently have my dad's MK1 and my 22/45 as well as a Walther TPH pocket pistol. I'd say that the H&R was my favorite. If I ever come across a nice one for a reasonable price at a show, I'll probably pick it up for old times sake. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On July 1, 2018 at 5:32 AM, Trigger_1 said:

Right now its the Ruger Mark IV.......

There was a recall on the safety which Ruger took care of quickly....

ruger.jpg

Don't you just love how easy they are to disassembly for cleaning.

• Like 3

Out of a half dozen of so Ruger semi-auto's, S&W 41, Browning Buckmark, Colt Diamondback (mistimed and leaded the barrel heavily), I have only two left that are keepers -  Ruger Single Six and a CZ 75 Kadet II conversion.  Both are very accurate, but the Kadet is amazingly so with CCI mini-mags.  The Single Six is good for teaching beginners the basics of sight alignment and trigger press.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rotn1 said:

Don't you just love how easy they are to disassembly for cleaning.

Yes.......Very easy.....

I have a Mark III also....but i dont shoot it much anymore....

I just dont want to have to clean it.... But it shoots great too...

• Like 2