The Official UnOfficial Corona Virus Thread.

3 hours ago, Swampfox762 said:

Well...I learned that Benzethonium Chloride (Substitute for Alcohol) Germicidal hand wipes most likely ain't worth a crap for Covid 19. 

Says it kills 99% of "germs". 

Guess the Kung Flu ain't a germ.  Oh well...bring out the Ever Clear!!!!

Now if you get stopped and the officer says "I smell Alcohol on you", you can always say you scrubbed in Alcohol for the Virus, Inside and out.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

all of our Grocery stores are completely re-stocked, TP and all, but the Sanitizer inventory was low.

most of our Bars and Restaurants are available for Delivery and/or Pick up, i don't know how much longer they can stay open though.

we live a couple blocks from a Hospital and it is not very active, not many lights in the rooms and not many Ambulances coming or going at all, not nearly as many as usual.

we voted yesterday and the Polling place was nearly empty, no National Guard but it was staffed by one Election Official and City Employees instead of the Volunteers usually staffing (we don`t live in Milwaukee exactly,south of it but close enough) the Primary Process was a Cluster of Democratic Proportions. so we should know the results next week sometime.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, holyjohnson said:

all of our Grocery stores are completely re-stocked, TP and all, but the Sanitizer inventory was low.

most of our Bars and Restaurants are available for Delivery and/or Pick up, i don't know how much longer they can stay open though.

we live a couple blocks from a Hospital and it is not very active, not many lights in the rooms and not many Ambulances coming or going at all, not nearly as many as usual.

we voted yesterday and the Polling place was nearly empty, no National Guard but it was staffed by one Election Official and City Employees instead of the Volunteers usually staffing (we don`t live in Milwaukee exactly,south of it but close enough) the Primary Process was a Cluster of Democratic Proportions. so we should know the results next week sometime.

Our grocery stores are definitely NOT restocked.  No TP, no Paper towels, no hand sanitizer, lots of shelves with no food, either.  The little hospital and the grocery store are in the next county west of us, across the street from each other, and neither was busy.  Some of the restaurants and bars are selling takeout and doing delivery, but some of them are closed completely.  I don't know how many of the closed ones will ever reopen.  We're going to order lots of sushi tomorrow for takeout... 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Mrs.Cicero said:

Our grocery stores are definitely NOT restocked.  No TP, no Paper towels, no hand sanitizer, lots of shelves with no food, either.  The little hospital and the grocery store are in the next county west of us, across the street from each other, and neither was busy.  Some of the restaurants and bars are selling takeout and doing delivery, but some of them are closed completely.  I don't know how many of the closed ones will ever reopen.  We're going to order lots of sushi tomorrow for takeout... 

Our TGI Fridays have a Wednesday special takeout.  Their Whiskey Glazed Menu.  I had their Whiskey Glazed Ribs and considering our confinement, they were a pleasant breath of fresh air.  Next time the "Sampler", Chicken, Ribs, and Shrimp!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

I don't understand the city folks that were buying all of the cases of water.  Every municipality will prioritize resources to keep water treatment up and running at all costs.

I can only relate my experience one day at Sam's Club.

Every person with their cart loaded with bottled water appeared to be a "new arrival", in the language they spoke to each other, or the manner of dress of their country of origin.  I am free to assume this was a requirement from the place they left to come here, and they brought their "customs" with them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, janice6 said:

Our TGI Fridays have a Wednesday special takeout.  Their Whiskey Glazed Menu.  I had their Whiskey Glazed Ribs and considering our confinement, they were a pleasant breath of fresh air.  Next time the "Sampler", Chicken, Ribs, and Shrimp!

Jack Daniels New York Strip FTW!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Al Czervik said:

I don't understand the city folks that were buying all of the cases of water.  Every municipality will prioritize resources to keep water treatment up and running at all costs.

the Loons around here did the same thing cases of Water and the Gallon jugs..

we live basically on Lake Michigan...

same as TP is dying with a spotless Ass that important?

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, holyjohnson said:

the Loons around here did the same thing cases of Water and the Gallon jugs..

we live basically on Lake Michigan...

same as TP is dying with a spotless Ass that important?

Now we have reason distracting us from stupidity!

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

i decided to go to Menard`s today and hit up the sale on Bird seed, i like the Little birds they tend to calm me.

with the new Kung Flu fighting mask doctrine going on i thought i`d test some boundaries by wearing a mask of a different type.

1088555687_theylive.jpeg.cfa35a773b2b9fd04b4c6f3905270264.jpeg

i also bought some Bubble Gum..

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Whelp!

i think we can all consider the "Kung Flu" or Wuhan Flu to be Officially over, Whether it is or it isn't.

the Lock down has been Cancelled by Riots (although i don't think that one wasn't partially responsible for the other in both ways)

riot1.jpeg.fade57fed87b7c8f640acebff49358a0.jpeg

i have come out the other side of this Satisfied overall of my Preparations.

besides things like possible Bidets because Hoarders seemed to really felt the need to poop in the future, my T.P. stockpile is still going strong.

Hand Sanitizers is something i did not have enough of and could be a good bartering item to stock as well as Diaper wipes.

things on the list for this house will be a much bigger chest freezer for storing more Meats,  Wood stove is already in the plan a few Solar panels and a good Dog Food that will keep.

all in all we ran out of nothing really, although i was dangerously low of Hot Cocoa and Danish Twice and that is unacceptable.

now back to reality and being prepared for the next round of inevitable Problems , Civil unrest, Looting and Rioting.

riot2.jpeg.76fcf6168a53b36004b3b1d91498cfd3.jpeg

if nothing else this was a learning experience, i learned that the same people who demanded i stay home in a mask washing my hands constantly and not be in any Group outside and be quiet about.

it is now saying it is OK to roam the streets in Mobs looting and burning without a mask on in the name of the 1st Amendment and apparently we all have to be quiet about it.

no matter what it did to Businesses, the Economy, Employment or Peoples Mental Health.

Edited by holyjohnson
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1