Suppressor purchase??

Would love to have a giggle switch for an ar 15 but that dream costs my kids college funds. Thinking about a suppressor for a 22 that could bounce between a 15-22, M&P compact 22 and possibly a savage auto. With the slim possibility of a law change for NFA items would it make sense to wait? The wait looks to be a year but would the law change get me out of NFA jail immediately or would I be stuck in limbo? I think it makes sense to get the ball rolling but worry about some weird limbo land down the road. 

• 3 weeks later...

I went trust route few years ago , but they changed rules  last year with 41p  where you need prints and pics . i own 10  lol  i was only gonna get one 

call silencer shop  and ask them what is best action right now to go with .    i know with a trust i have several trustees .

22 cans  i own 

spectre 2  ,love it full auto rated and built like tank   no first round pop 

dead air mask hd22  the newest one . great can  

mack brothers lima .  good can not well known  - just wanted it 

liberty regulator  moncore  my favorite and quietest  . lil heavy not full auto   but man i love it 

sparrow   - lil can  but i hte the first round pop  it would be last on list 

make sure to get stainless baffles      some cans vary in wait times   one took 9 months  and 2 took 4 months   so it varies . with vegas shooting  chicken little  has popped up . 

good luck  .  always remember to buy a good can  because months down the road you will be sad if it sucks .   also  check out silencerforums  im member there  .good info

• 8 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Last month Silencerco had a promotion that if you spend over $700 on a suppressor they'd give you a .22 suppressor for free (you just pay the tax stamp and whatnot) and if you spend $800 you get a pistol suppressor free (same deal)

I broke down and ordered my first suppressor (Saker 762 ASR) and registered it, will be a few months before they pistol suppressor gets shipped to my local store so I can go through the paperwork for it as well (octane 45).  

If it was me and I wanted one, I wouldn't bother waiting.  Sure, it might end up costing you $200 more (I think they have it written that you might get that refunded to you if the HPA passes, but not sure) but then you wouldn't be stuck on the fence just waiting.  Not to mention you can pretty much expect them to be sold out for at least the first 3-6 months (if not more) after the HPA passes with the surge in demand.

After that I'd expect them to become cheaper as lower cost models (probably not quite as good but still decent) flood the marketplace.  

Not many people really want to spend an extra $200 on an item that only costs a little more than that to begin with, but with no tax stamp people will rush to get the lower end models and see what the fuss is about.