Obama's border patrol chief destroys left's border rhetoric

pipedreams

"The chief of U.S. Border Patrol during Barack Obama's presidency, Mark Morgan, joined Glenn Beck on Thursday's show to refute the leftist rhetoric that walls are "ineffective" and that President Donald Trump manufactured the crisis at the U.S.-Mexico border.

Mark explained that he initially believed those on the left were "unintentionally misinforming people," but over the years has reluctantly come to the conclusion that there is "intent behind the distortion of the facts.""

https://www.theblaze.com/glenn-radio/mark-morgan-border?utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Daily-Newsletter__PM-Final 2019-01-10&utm_term=TheBlaze Daily PM - last 270 days

• Like 1

I wish it was Gustavo De La Vina, he didn't care what anyone thought.  He was a straight shooter.  But, back then it was hard charging to front by merit, rather than, uh, I pick you.  Yes, we need walls, but we need a military to back it up, or it is just another thing to destroy, burrow under, or launch boulder attacks from. 

And this thread gets moved in one...two...three.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

image.png.249fbc2f72706620ee0abbfbe72962c8.png

Where do you want to move it to?

The Politics section of the board as per the Big Giant Head.  He specifically doesn't want Politics in the Bored room.  That is what I mean by the thread moving.

25 minutes ago, Moshe said:

The Politics section of the board as per the Big Giant Head.  He specifically doesn't want Politics in the Bored room.  That is what I mean by the thread moving.

Go back and read Eric’s response to Silentpoet’s question in his post on that.  He allows political posting here if it is current news, and everybody “stays out of the weeds” of going off topic and starting to get personal back and forth posting.  

Eric is a pretty relaxed guy, but we have a few who try to jump in with that stuff and try to make the threads about themselves, not the posted topic.  So he tries this instead of banning people.  Or even moving threads unless they get in the weeds.  

Hawk

Edited by Brown Hawk
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, Moshe said:

As said above,  the reason for the yellow categories is to clearly mark the subject so one can avoid if not your thing.

Edited by pipedreams

I didn't say it wasn't my "thing" I humped that ground for five years.  If Politics are allowed in the bored room, my salient point is a wall does nothing without troops to back it up.  It is used for scaling, burring under, or launching attacks from.  Without an army to back it up, it is just another way for the boys in green to have giant rocks launched at them.   This happens all the time with the Arizona wall.  We have had walls in place.  Without actual troops and ordinance backing it up, it is essentially useless.  Obama didn't want the USBP shooting back at the illegal launching boulders at them over the wall.  They instead issued them paintball guns that fire balls of that fired powdered OC.  Before Osama, the rule of thumb, is if they dropped boulders at you or on your vehicle, you shot them with .40

Moshe, you stay on topic, and you argue with logic.  Your argument is germaine to the topic of the thread, so no problem.  Most people concentrate on the immediate problem, which is the wall.  You are seeing, and arguing, a bigger picture, but we have to start somewhere.  

And in the current political climate, another dem in the Oval Office could take away the troops, and give the border patrol squirt guns, but the wall would still be there, and would be somewhat of a deterrent, and would help the patrol a lot more than no wall.  

The real deterrent of course, would be to enforce the laws that are on the books, especially those regarding harboring of fugitives and employing illegals.  Again, not happening in the current political climate.  

So a wall is a start, the first step necessary.  But taking the first step has to happen before you can take the second step.  

Hawk

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Brown Hawk said:

Moshe, you stay on topic, and you argue with logic.  Your argument is germaine to the topic of the thread, so no problem.  Most people concentrate on the immediate problem, which is the wall.  You are seeing, and arguing, a bigger picture, but we have to start somewhere.  

And in the current political climate, another dem in the Oval Office could take away the troops, and give the border patrol squirt guns, but the wall would still be there, and would be somewhat of a deterrent, and would help the patrol a lot more than no wall.  

The real deterrent of course, would be to enforce the laws that are on the books, especially those regarding harboring of fugitives and employing illegals.  Again, not happening in the current political climate.  

So a wall is a start, the first step necessary.  But taking the first step has to happen before you can take the second step.  

Hawk

My point is, we have had a wall in Arizona for years, it has accomplished nothing.  Just what I described above.  It is a bit like saying, the White House can have their wall, but, civilians can shoot at the grounds, lob boulders, and bury under it.  President's have had the common sense to make the White House a fortress.  They just don't depend on a wall and hope for the best.  The only way a wall means anything, is if there are a contingent of Marines and USBP that shoots anything that attempts to breach.  I guarantee anyone that managed to breach the White House fence and acted as crazy and diseased as of the shithouse mice that make it over our current fence, they would be shot.  Look at what happened several years ago, when an SUV tried to breach the NSA.  It was shredded like Swiss cheese.  So, a fence does nothing without warriors to keep the barbarians from the gates.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Moshe said:

My point is, we have had a wall in Arizona for years, it has accomplished nothing.  Just what I described above.  It is a bit like saying, the White House can have their wall, but, civilians can shoot at the grounds, lob boulders, and bury under it.  President's have had the common sense to make the White House a fortress.  They just don't depend on a wall and hope for the best.  The only way a wall means anything, is if there are a contingent of Marines and USBP that shoots anything that attempts to breach.  I guarantee anyone that managed to breach the White House fence and acted as crazy and diseased as of the ****house mice that make it over our current fence, they would be shot.  Look at what happened several years ago, when an SUV tried to breach the NSA.  It was shredded like Swiss cheese.  So, a fence does nothing without warriors to keep the barbarians from the gates.

Oh, I agree.  But the wall with the BP is better than the BP without a wall.  One step at a time.  DC always makes simple things extremely complicated.  It would take them ten years to decide which sword to use to cut the Gordian Knot. ?

Hawk 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Brown Hawk said:

Oh, I agree.  But the wall with the BP is better than the BP without a wall.  One step at a time.  DC always makes simple things extremely complicated.  It would take them ten years to decide which sword to use to cut the Gordian Knot. ?

Hawk 

I know.  But, what no one is reporting on, is we have had walls around Arizona, and they have been a complete failure.  The reason?  Lack of resolve to treat it like a DMZ.  It is just going to be something else the invaders are going to destroy and take advantage of.  Unless we have the fortitude to defend our borders with deadly force, the whole thing is an expensive farce at the expense of the men who patrol that area everyday.  One thing about former USBP's is we size each other up by class number, and then instantly bond.  It is like once a Marine, always a Marine.  Once, a Border Patrol Agent, always a Border Patrol Agent.  The guys that have been off the line longest share stories with the newer ones, and we compare notes about what has changed.   You could have a guy that has changed his career to IT or OPR, or Investigations, or Deportations.  They could be being a complete dick.  But, once you realize and they realize you have protected the Border, it is an instant bond.  So, we communicate with each other a lot, at least we did, before I retired.  E-mail, in person, whatever.  I even met up with one of my former PT instructors who was a former Marne DI, when he was working an investigation on a couple of illegals I had in custody.  It was odd to see him a little pudgy, and soft spoken.  But, we reminisced. 

• Like 1

The wall issue has become  a weaponized political contest. It is according to my sources OK. But it is not exciting the USBP or ICE Agents. The political parties will not address a badly needed new U.S. Immigration policy.  The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and other Orgs have fierce dogs in the fight to stop any sensible Immigration laws. This is all about money and cheap labor. 

• Like 2