Why would a Republican try to help a Democratic win?

pipedreams

Why would a Republican try to help a Democratic win?

What did he have to gain? To lose?

Does this reflect the moral character of a war hero?

You have much to learn.

US District Court proceeding now confirms it was John McCain who leaked the phony Russian dossier to the media just before the election. McCain was trying to tamper with the election and later lied about it numerous times:

An associate of the late Arizona Republican Sen. John McCain shared with Buzzfeed News a copy of the unverified, salacious opposition research dossier alleging that Russians had compromising material on President Trump, according to a bombshell federal court filing Wednesday.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/mccain-associate-gave-unverified-steele-dossier-to-buzzfeed-court-filing-says.amp

"Earlier this year, Fox News reported that a top McCain associate, David Kramer, had been briefed on the dossier written by British ex-spy Christopher Steele in late November 2016 in Surrey, England. Kramer invoked his Fifth Amendment right against self-incrimination to avoid testifying before House Republicans about his handling of the dossier."

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

McCain was Globalist, Establishment Neocon.  The (R) after his name had nothing to do with his political philosophy or agenda.  It was a avenue he used to get elected and to further his Globalist agenda. 

No different that Romney, Flake, Corker, Ryan, and the entire Bush family. 

• Thanks 1

As a Navy vet I always supported McCain and voted for him in every election cycle. I was very disappointed in his record in recent years and had numerous exchanges with him on his positions. I'd like to think that the affliction that took his life affected his judgement long before his diagnosis was made public, but I kind of doubt it. He was known to be a very vindictive man and his hatred for President Trump appeared to be the driving factor in his later months. Jeff Flake on the other hand has no similar excuse, nor can he claim a distinguished military career. He's just an ass clown. Judging by our recent Senatorial election Arizona's large west coast influx is starting to be reflected in the voting results. We will soon be a mini-California. 

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, Dric902 said:

And we voted for him in 2000, because he would have been better than Obama

(actually, I voted for Palin and the old fart running with her)

In 2000 I voted for GW Bush because he would have been better than Al Gore.

I did not vote for Palin in the Wasilla AK mayoral election in 2000.