Gen 5 thread #224... Grip cutout??

PNWguy

Was at my local gun shop yesterday and they had a Gen 5 G19 sitting on the shelf.  I shoot GSSF indoor matches every month and was wanting to switch to a 9mm Glock to be more competitive rather than continue using my 10mm.  Initially, I was leaning towards the G34 but thought maybe I should get a G19 just so I could actually use the pistol for more than just shooting matches.

I picked up the Gen 5 and immediately noticed that huge grip cut out.  What the hell was Glock thinking??  My pinky rests right on the sharp edges of the cutout and it is instantly irritating.  I liked everything else about the pistol, but that cutout is just plain retarded.

I'm sure it can be rectified with a grip sleeve, or I could round the edges with a file, but c'mon Glock...

1 minute ago, Chris said:

Instantly irritating?

I had the same feeling about you after reading many of your posts.

Too bad I am probably on your ignore list and you wont read this....

I'm thinking he's a bot sent by Glock to chastise and belittle anyone that says anything negative about the Gen5. Except they made him at 4:45 on a Friday before a 3 day weekend and only programmed the same sarcastic response to everything.

• Like 1

I've got my Glock 41 MHS out for custom work, it is going to my super-cool Ninja Glock with a Leupold Deltapoint Pro, magwell, Taran Tactical extensions, a Surefire X400U green laser/light and a compensated barrel, with custom slide work and frame reshaping, stippling, double undercut, removing the dang finger humps and grooves, etc.

I intend to use it when I deploy with my Delta Range Seal Platoon to the Moon Wars next month.

11 hours ago, PNWguy said:

Due to random range reports showing less than stellar accuracy and some finish issues, think I'll use my blue label certificate on a Gen 4 G34... 

Makes me laugh whenever I read anyone talking about "less than stellar accuracy" as if it has anything to do with the handgun...it is always the Indian. Re. "finish issues" there ain't none. Here's my Glock 17 Gen 5 after 500-600 round....looks just peachy.

Kh0eXEg.jpg