SW637 trigger question

DUBSY

I’ve put nearly 500 rounds through this gun and I’ve been dry firing almost daily and it seems like trigger action is getting worse especially on release. Could this just be a dirty gun? Never have opened it up. Have lubed the trigger and hammer.

Get to know your local gunsmith.  Most gun guys have an innate fear of gunsmiths. But there are some really good gunsmiths out there, and they aren't all out to rob you blind. Talk to a few of them in your local area and see how much they'd charge to take the gun apart and do a basic trigger job on it.  Smith and Wesson triggers are usually pretty good right out of the box but they can be improved.

If money is a problem and you can't afford $50-60 bucks for a trigger job. check out a youtube vid and learn how to disassemble and re-assemble th gun and clean it an put a spring kit in it. It's best just to change the hammer spring which is easy to do. changing the rebound spring is a little trickier. You might just ask the gunsmith how much to install both springs which would cost less than a complete trigger job which would involve polishing and truing up of the of the trigger/sear surfaces

If the gun is gummed up. you aren't doing it any good by dry-firing it. And in my opinion, dry-firing isn't good for any gun and for some it shouldn't be done at all, and for all others it should be kept to a minimum.

• Like 1