• Replies 113.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

‘The Big Bang’: Twitter Starts Reinstating Tens Of Thousands Of Major Accounts That Were Banned, Report Says.
Twitter CEO Elon Musk has reportedly started to reinstate tens of thousands of Twitter accounts that have significant followings in an event that some inside the company are calling “the Big Bang.”
The news comes after Musk announced last week a blanket amnesty for Twitter users permanently suspended from the platform. Musk made the decision Thursday in response to the final results of a poll he tweeted Wednesday. The platform has already started unbanning accounts en masse, except for those who broke the law or engaged in excessive spam.
Employees at the company reportedly learned of the mass unbanning through Musk’s tweets and scrambled to try to figure out what he meant by the stipulations set forth in the tweets.
Platformer reported that since Musk’s tweet, Twitter has “begun the process of reinstating roughly 62,000 accounts with more than 10,000 followers, including one account that has over 5 million followers, and 75 accounts with over 1 million followers.”
The news comes after Musk already reinstated the account of former President Donald Trump on the platform despite Trump’s repeated insistence that he will never return.
The move to unban tens of thousands of accounts could prove to cause further problems that the company is having with getting major companies to continue to run advertisements on the platform.
Investor slides shared by Musk say that the daily inflow of new users has reached two million, while “user active minutes per day” likewise reached eight billion. The company now has more than 250 million monetizable daily active users, Musk says. All three metrics exceed previous company records.
Musk has been attempting to avoid impersonations by selling verification subscriptions for $8 per month, a policy that has repeatedly been reversed and reintroduced. The slides said that reported impersonations spiked after he took control of the company before falling once again.
The slides also show that purported hate speech impressions have been lower since Musk acquired the platform. Musk, who claimed he purchased Twitter to promote free expression and peaceful dialogue across the political spectrum, revealed last week that the company is still defining hate speech with “the same list of terms” implemented before the acquisition.
Musk also hinted at a number of new offerings from “Twitter 2.0,” including enhanced video content, long-form tweets, encrypted direct messages, and entertaining advertisements.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/the-big-bang-twitter-starts-reinstating-tens-of-thousands-of-major-accounts-that-were-banned-report-says

• Like 2

Pence Calls On Trump To ‘Apologize For’ Dining With Holocaust Denier At Mar-A-Lago.
(I think this is a great idea … Trump and Pence can hold a joint press conference and Pence can apologize for knowingly being a traitor to the American people while Trump apologizes for having a meeting with a demented rapper and a filthy POS that he didn’t know.)
Former Vice President Mike Pence called on his ex-boss, former President Donald Trump, to apologize for dining with White Supremacist and Holocaust denier Nick Fuentes last week.
Trump met with Fuentes, 24, after rapper Kanye West brought him to a dinner at Mar-a-Lago. Trump has since said that he agreed to the dinner because he wanted to give West, who he described as “a seriously troubled man,” some “much needed advice.” Trump has also repeatedly said that he did not know who Fuentes was when he met with him.
In an interview, Pence told NewsNation’s Leland Vittert that Trump should be careful with who he sits down with.
“President Trump was wrong to give a white nationalist, an antisemite and a Holocaust denier a seat at the table, and I think he should apologize for it and he should denounce those individuals and their hateful rhetoric without qualification,” Pence said.
Pence was careful to not cast the former president as a racist or an anti-Semite, and noted that he would not have served under him if he believed he was either of those things.
“People often forget that the president’s daughter converted to Judaism, his son-in-law is a devout Jew, his grandchildren are Jewish,” said Pence. “The broad brush of attack that the media leveled at him… I think the president demonstrated profoundly poor judgement in giving those individuals a seat at the table. He should apologize for it and denounce them without qualification.”
A number of high-profile Republicans have spoken out against Fuentes in light of the dinner.
NRSC chairman Senator Rick Scott (R-FL) said all Republicans should condemn white supremacy and antisemitism, and Senate Minority Whip John Thune (R-SD) said he hoped whoever advised Trump before the dinner had been fired. Senator Marco Rubio (R-FL) called Fuentes “evil,” but emphasized that he doesn’t believe Trump is an antisemite.
“From everything I know about the guy, he’s a racist clown,” Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) said of Fuentes.
https://www.dailywire.com/news/pence-calls-on-trump-to-apologize-for-dining-with-holocaust-denier-at-mar-a-lago

• Haha 1

Fox News Democrat Analyst Juan Williams Names DeSantis 2022’s Top U.S. Political Player: ‘He Scares Me.’
(Does anyone give a flying rats ass what Juan Williams thinks …? Yeah, that’s what I thought.)
Fox News Democrat political analyst Juan Williams named Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) as America’s most influential political player in 2022 despite being terrified of him.
Williams highlighted DeSantis’ “enormous” impact this year, ranging from dominating the culture war in Florida, to getting the Republican Party more seats in the U.S. House of Representatives by redrawing Florida’s congressional districts himself, to turning the state of Florida from a purple state to a deep red state.
“He is not my cup of tea. In fact, he scares me,” Williams wrote in an op-ed for The Hill. “But it is time for me to hand out my year-end award for the top political player in the United States.”
“The one politician who stands out at year’s end is Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R),” Williams said. “His commanding 19-point reelection victory, as well as his success in attracting mega-donors like Ken Griffin, Steve Ross, and Steve Schwarzman ahead of a possible 2024 presidential campaign, make him the past year’s big GOP winner.”
As noted by Williams, DeSantis has received backing from major GOP megadonors in recent weeks.
Twitter CEO Elon Musk said Friday that he would support DeSantis for president in 2024 should DeSantis decide to run.
Musk made the remarks on his social media platform in response to a tweet about how the political Left erupted in anger at him letting former President Donald Trump back on the platform after he was banned in January 2021.
“I’m fine with Trump not tweeting,” Musk said. “The important thing is that Twitter correct a grave mistake in banning his account, despite no violation of the law or terms of service. Deplatforming a sitting President undermined public trust in Twitter for half of America.”
“As a reminder, I was a significant supporter of the Obama-Biden presidency and (reluctantly) voted for Biden over Trump,” Musk continued. “But freedom of speech is the bedrock of a strong democracy and must take precedence. My preference for the 2024 presidency is someone sensible and centrist. I had hoped that would the case for the Biden administration, but have been disappointed so far.”
Musk then was asked, “Would you support Ron DeSantis in 2024, Elon?”
Musk responded, “Yes.”
https://www.dailywire.com/news/fox-news-democrat-analyst-juan-williams-names-desantis-2022s-top-u-s-political-player-he-scares-me

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Schmidt Meister said:

‘The Big Bang’: Twitter Starts Reinstating Tens Of Thousands Of Major Accounts That Were Banned, Report Says.
Twitter CEO Elon Musk has reportedly started to reinstate tens of thousands of Twitter accounts that have significant followings in an event that some inside the company are calling “the Big Bang.”
The news comes after Musk announced last week a blanket amnesty for Twitter users permanently suspended from the platform. Musk made the decision Thursday in response to the final results of a poll he tweeted Wednesday. The platform has already started unbanning accounts en masse, except for those who broke the law or engaged in excessive spam.
Employees at the company reportedly learned of the mass unbanning through Musk’s tweets and scrambled to try to figure out what he meant by the stipulations set forth in the tweets.
Platformer reported that since Musk’s tweet, Twitter has “begun the process of reinstating roughly 62,000 accounts with more than 10,000 followers, including one account that has over 5 million followers, and 75 accounts with over 1 million followers.”
The news comes after Musk already reinstated the account of former President Donald Trump on the platform despite Trump’s repeated insistence that he will never return.
The move to unban tens of thousands of accounts could prove to cause further problems that the company is having with getting major companies to continue to run advertisements on the platform.
Investor slides shared by Musk say that the daily inflow of new users has reached two million, while “user active minutes per day” likewise reached eight billion. The company now has more than 250 million monetizable daily active users, Musk says. All three metrics exceed previous company records.
Musk has been attempting to avoid impersonations by selling verification subscriptions for $8 per month, a policy that has repeatedly been reversed and reintroduced. The slides said that reported impersonations spiked after he took control of the company before falling once again.
The slides also show that purported hate speech impressions have been lower since Musk acquired the platform. Musk, who claimed he purchased Twitter to promote free expression and peaceful dialogue across the political spectrum, revealed last week that the company is still defining hate speech with “the same list of terms” implemented before the acquisition.
Musk also hinted at a number of new offerings from “Twitter 2.0,” including enhanced video content, long-form tweets, encrypted direct messages, and entertaining advertisements.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/the-big-bang-twitter-starts-reinstating-tens-of-thousands-of-major-accounts-that-were-banned-report-says

This called leveling the playing field.  They may loose some advertisements but I think new ones will replace them over time.  I'm not a Twitter user and have no intention of becoming one. 

• Like 2