Aircraft Pic & Vid Thread

Eric

2 hours ago, Paul53 said:

Awesome indeed! Seeing them leaving Biggs Field in El Paso was something I'll never forget. Seeing those huge craft in the air seemed impossible. They looked so big and slow my mind insisted they were about to just fall out of the sky. Like reality had given them a mulligan.

My route to work ran right under the flight path to the Mpls International Airport.  At that point the aircraft were only a few hundred feet up.

One morning I looked up and the first 747 I had ever seen was directly above me.  It was so big, and flying so slow on approach, that I honestly couldn't see why it simply didn't fall down on me.  It was a remarkable experience.

The size belies the speed.

• Like 3

As long as the topic is aircraft, I suppose I could post a couple.  My work took me to NASA Dryden Research at a corner of Andrews Air base.

I was there to do some modification to avionics and needed a platform for testing.

I was shown this plane by it's program manager.  For all practical purposes, she owned that aircraft just as sure as if it was her personal possession.

She volunteered it for my testing.  Prior to testing I was climbing over it to confirm that the space and support would be adequate for my tests.

So I got these remarkable photos to take back with me.

F15BAY.JPG

P0000351.JPG

P0000350.JPG

P0000352.JPG

P0000353.JPG

P0000348.JPG