Galaxy Note 8 is here

TBO

Shiny Galaxy Note 8 gets dual cameras, but plays it safe

The key specs and topline info:

• 6.3-inch AMOLED screen with 2,960x1,440-pixel resolution
  • Small-bezel, nearly full-screen design
  •  Twin rear cameras with portrait mode
  •  Included S-Pen stylus (of course)
  • Reduced battery size and capacity from Note 7's 3,500mAh to 3,300mAh to leave more room in the phone's cavity
  • 8-point battery safety check
  • Price is TBD, but Samsung will be offering a significant discount to those who purchased the Note 7
Full specs, details and hands-on impressions are available below, and you can follow along with the live announcement here.

giphy.gif

Well, maybe not this time. I'm sure Samsung was extra careful.

I like computers and all, but the cellphone lifestyle is not my thing at all. Seems to go very nicely with a Facebook habit if you're into that kind of thing. I do have an Iphone 6S, but it's employer provided and except for my wife's nags, that's how I use it. 

I'd probably be more interested in this Note 8 if they put some really excellent audio circuitry in there and killed the phone function altogether. Like an Onkyo DP-X1a, or a Sony NW-WM1A Walkman.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Grabbrass said:

giphy.gif

Well, maybe not this time. I'm sure Samsung was extra careful.

I like computers and all, but the cellphone lifestyle is not my thing at all. Seems to go very nicely with a Facebook habit if you're into that kind of thing. I do have an Iphone 6S, but it's employer provided and except for my wife's nags, that's how I use it. 

I'd probably be more interested in this Note 8 if they put some really excellent audio circuitry in there and killed the phone function altogether. Like an Onkyo DP-X1a, or a Sony NW-WM1A Walkman.

I tend to agree. The whole cell phone thing has reached its limit to me. 

My tablet serves me well for everything except phone calls, and in a perfect world, I could do without that annoyance. If my tablet wont handle the needs of the moment, my laptop comes into play. To me, smart phones have become just another unnecessary device with more cons than pros.

Edited by jmohme