My backyard coyote rifle is finally done.

jame

It's in .300 AAC Blackout, sighted for the heavy subsonic loads, so I don't blast her out of bed if I take a shot late at night when the coyotes start to fight up here by the house.  I did everything on the cheap, utilizing Palmetto State and eBay to pull everything together, but it runs like a dream. 

20180810_214202_(2).jpg

• Like 4

16 hours ago, jame said:

It's in .300 AAC Blackout, sighted for the heavy subsonic loads, so I don't blast her out of bed if I take a shot late at night when the coyotes start to fight up here by the house.  I did everything on the cheap, utilizing Palmetto State and eBay to pull everything together, but it runs like a dream. 

20180810_214202_(2).jpg

Where's your suppressor?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, crockett said:

coyote.jpg

Nice looking rifle!

Thanks for the compliment.

I never thought about one of those traps, I guess.  I've just been dropping acme anvils off the roof of my house in hopes of hitting one.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Borg warner said:

Where's your suppressor?

Cans and permits totalling $500+ kinda take the fun out of it.

And after all that tagging, permitting, and waiting, I still have to clean them after I use them.

I believe I'll pass for now.

That's why I went with this rig.  It shouldn't be much more of a blast than a .45, and with her sleeping back in the bedroom with the fan on, she shouldn't hear a thing.

15 minutes ago, jame said:

Thanks for the compliment.

I never thought about one of those traps, I guess.  I've just been dropping acme anvils off the roof of my house in hopes of hitting one.

That was meant as a warning, a coyote might trap you. :)

You got me now hooked on a subsonic .300 AAC blackout build with a can.  :shakefist: I've got a bunch of multi caliber lowers and receivers flying around.

This is really sexy!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, crockett said:

That was meant as a warning, a coyote might trap you. :)

You got me now hooked on a subsonic .300 AAC blackout build with a can.  :shakefist: I've got a bunch of multi caliber lowers and receivers flying around.

This is really sexy!

It’s a thumper, man.  It really rocks the plates, and those heavy bullets pack a wollup inside 100 yards.

I was initially going for a pistol caliber build, but AK Stick talked me into this, and I’m glad he did.  For an acreage gun, this is probably the best rig I’ve ever owned.

• Like 2