Steve Garvey is 75!

Borg warner

And he's a year younger than me! Back when he was playing for the Dodgers and I lived in L.A., I wasn't a huge baseball fan, but I did get to go to one game and see him play. But I liked the team and I liked Tommy Lasorda and I thought Cindy Garvey was hot. But back then I was much younger and I always thought of Steve Garvey as being older than me because I saw him as a Grown-up and at that age I didn't see myself that way. O.o

Steve Garvey is running for US Senate to fill the seat vacated by Dianne Swineslime and they're saying he might get a lot of votes based on name recognition. I don't know yet what his positions are on the issue but I will be following this race.

(Edit) Here's an article about him. It doesn't say anything about his positions on issues but does say that he voted for Trump twice. It also says that recently he's started polling almost neck-and-neck against Adam Schiff.

https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/2024/01/21/steve-garvey-dodgers-california-senate-race-00136451

cartoonschitt.jpg

• Like 4