US Giving Tens of Billions to Ukraine While American Soldiers Live on Welfare

pipedreams

image.png.688dacf442b7e9712ba19f3670816761.png

"In September the Army recommended that soldiers take advantage of food stamps to feed their families. 

Inflation has packed a big punch on many of our bank accounts. Gas and groceries – skyrocketing prices. 

For members of the military – it’s been especially tough to make ends meet. 

So the Pentagon’s answer is to put our brave fighting men and women on welfare. 

I couldn’t help but think about those soldiers as I watched the Congress deliver a sustained standing ovation to the president of Ukraine. 

There he was dressed in military garb grinning from ear to ear as our elected leaders adorned him with adoration. 

And President Zelensky had a good reason to smile.

Congress is about to give Ukraine $44 billion dollars in aid. That’s on top of the tens of billions of dollars we’ve already given the country. Their military is going to be living high on the taxpayer-funded hog.

Ukraine is our top priority – that’s what Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell said. Ukraine, not America. 

And that’s when I thought about those American soldiers – some of whom will not be able to buy their children Christmas presidents – putting their lives on the line every day for a loaf of day-old bread and government cheese."

https://www.toddstarnes.com/opinion/us-giving-tens-of-billions-to-ukraine-while-american-soldiers-live-on-welfare/

• Thanks 1