Yellostone (tv series)

Huaco Kid

They ran the first three seasons, marathon, three days in a row (last season is half over now).  I had seen the commercials,  and always thought it looked cool, so I started watching.  I can't ever keep up with a tv series,  because they always put them on Sunday or Monday nights at 10pm and I get up waaay too early.

The main plot was instantly introduced and they spent the first several episodes on that,  which (could) end up wicked cowboy-cool. 

Then they started introducing (like all series, any more) waaay too much soap-opera-drama, and a dozen side stories that don't really go anywhere,  and make it almost unwatchable.

But I really enjoy the cowboy / ranch attitudes,  and the modern cowboy lifestyle parts.

And Rip is the toughest mother' in the valley.

• Like 2

I grew up a cowboy.....riding, roping, dogging, etc.  The folks running the family ranch are gens 5&6.  I can relate a bit.  Always remember, if you wanna make million dollars ranching, start with at least 2.

I find the show entertaining.

ETA:  my grandfather was ruthless, especially with rustlers.

Edited by Al Czervik
  • Like 1

My sister rode western.

I have ridden bulls.  Female ones.  With the long milk-titties hanging down; that makes them mean.  They will, slowly, f you up.

Pigs are more fun to ride,  but your chances of really getting hurt go way up.  They don't keep running,  when you fall off.  They seek revenge.

39 minutes ago, Al Czervik said:

ETA:  my grandfather was ruthless, especially with rustlers.

At my friend's (dirt) farms,  they would get free trucks, by finding them in their fields.  In was never redneck rustlers,  but high school / college kids loading up on watermelons or pumpkins or corn.

They would tell the kids,  "That truck is in our field.  That must mean it's ours.  Bring your parents and the police over,  if you want it back.  No one ever argued with three or four brothers carrying shotguns.  And they often never came back.

Then they had a new yard truck.

The brothers would guard the suburban fields, overnight, before 4th of July (watermelons) and Halloween (pumpkins).  We were the little kids,  but we got to camp out with them. They wouldn't let us have shotguns.

We learned how to drink and party.

Six or ten kids, lined up, under a full moon,  blasting a single shot each, really right at them,  would send a pack of kids running and zig-zagging faster than rabbits.

12 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

At my friend's (dirt) farms,  they would get free trucks, by finding them in their fields.  In was never redneck rustlers,  but high school / college kids loading up on watermelons or pumpkins or corn.

They would tell the kids,  "That truck is in our field.  That must mean it's ours.  Bring your parents and the police over,  if you want it back.  No one ever argued with three or four brothers carrying shotguns.  And they often never came back.

Then they had a new yard truck.

Rustlers in our world were either local dirtbags or sophisticated out of staters.  They'd case the area looking to find out someone is out of town, and when they'd show up to steal some beef, it would be in a legit bull wagon.  Like a shiny Pete with an aluminum trailer.  They'd be in another state in an hour.

In that other scene,  with the double-mean-other-rancher,  in the crik,  I would have tipped his horse by the back leg.

I've seen my sister do that.  They actually go down pretty easy.  Or you get your head crushed-in.  Don't know.

And if you give a sleeping cow a running-shove in the shoulder,  while they're sleeping,  they tip over.

!

They really do.

39 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

And if you give a sleeping cow a running-shove in the shoulder,  while they're sleeping,  they tip over.

Their legs don't move sideways.  You can knock them (and horses) over.

But their legs are long and boney, with a high center of gravity.  A pig has little stubby legs,  that might not be able to move sideways,  but they don't have to.  1" over is holding them up.

And now you just woke up a sleeping pissed-off pig.  A really big bitey one.

Edited by Huaco Kid

I've never seen trained "Hannibal" pigs,  but I've seen them make you rip your own t-shirt off,  while getting out of Dodge.

I've seen a pack of pigs find a big snake,  in the woods,  and go, totally uncalled for,  wooly-bully,  which can't be unseen.

So we gave the pigs 100% respect,  unless it was just a quick shove into the electric fence, to hear them squeal.

So we tried pretty hard to not let them get us.  Because they would.

A lot of animals will kill a snake and walk away.

Pigs will kill it and fight over it.  Chomp. Chomp.  And stare at you, the whole time.  Planning their next move.

A pig will eat sneck in one big, swallowing,  mouth-gooing, mouthful.

Chickens will, rapidly, peck the snake into little edible pieces,  while it still thinks it has a chance to get away.  It might take all afternoon,  but it's not getting away.

They'll go for eyes first.

One of the pigs was as big as a volkswagen.

BB guns,  sticks, rocks,  axe handles, hockey sticks couldn't keep him away.  But he was pretty nice.  He didn't want to kill you,  just hang around.

But he was pretty nice.  All he wanted was your worms,  while you're fishing

So,  if you were fishing,  and the pig showed up,  just give him the damn worms and call it a day.

If you were on the porch with a beer,  just give him the damn beer,  and come out later.

If you think you can shelter your styrofoam jug of worms,  and keep peacefully fishing,  when a 600lb pig shows up, you can't.

Like, holding them away,  at arms reach,  and violently whipping him with your pole,  is only going to get your hand bit off by a 600lb pig.

And.  Your sixpack in the cooler.  Just let it go.