New firearms with poor QC.

KBKEITH

Both the best and worst gun I have ever fired and owned was the Colt 2000.  The gun was the brainchild of Eugene Stoner and Reed Knight.  Years ago a Colt rep brought a pre-production example to St Bernard Indoor Shooting Range for everyone to try.  The gun was perfect in  every way.  Fantastic striker trigger comparable to the very best aftermarket offerings for Glock.  Maybe even better.  Think a long takeup with a 5lb 1911 break with zero over travel and very short reset.  The pull would start like a Glock and end like a 1911.  Custom 1911 levels of accuracy.  Great CZ like feel.  Over the course of the day a YUGE round count was pumped through it without a hiccup.  Many of us pre-ordered.  I ordered two.  One in aluminum and another in polymer.  But in the months that followed the "geniuses" at Colt felt they knew more about gun design than Stoner and Knight and did a complete redesign.  The guns I received were absolute abortions.  Gritty 12 lb trigger with a mushy break, massive over travel and a very long reset.  Then there was the minute-o-washtub accuracy (12" @ 25 yds) and the inability to cycle anything but hardball...sometimes.  Colt could have made something great.  Something they hadn't done in decades.  But instead they...well...did what Colt has a history of doing.  Finding new and creative ways to **** things up.

Oh...and to make matters worse my aluminum example, externally at least, was finished beautifully.  Like they were more concerned with aesthetics than function.   They could have done things correctly but chose not to.

A Kel-Tec PF9. The pistol had a series of broken parts and chronic failures to feed ball ammunition. It went back three times with the company replacing the receiver twice. The third time was a charm. I really liked how the company handled my problems. They never put me off or suggested anything to deflect from their responsibility. Because of their professionalism I purchased a Sub2K that is a great little carbine  

Kahr CM40. Repeated failure to feed with ball ammunition. The gun never went back. Customer Service worked with me through a series of recoil spring assemblies and magazine followers. Gun works well now and I was treated well by the company.