What have you harvested so far?

Mrs.Cicero

2 hours ago, railfancwb said:

07324068d3965ea36e4d4fca808c3d17.jpg

Likely two more cuttings this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I remember as a kid when they were square bails, and even in first grade, I had to heft them with my grandfather.  The huge shredded wheat rolls that I see these days was supposedly due to theft.

In this area the small square bales are produced along with the large round bales. The small square bales, 80 pounds or so, usually are bought by horse people and those with only a few cattle. The large round bales more by larger cattle operations. Just beginning to appear are large square bales some 4x4x6’ weighing several hundred pounds.

That looks like my view looking across one of my fields.  Clods the same on a good day...  Where you at?  I am in Ohio up by Lake Erie..
Dave..

Middle Tennessee south of Nashville. Walking Horse country. Beef cattle country. Diary cattle not so much any more.

Some beef cattle people raise their own hay. Others graze all their land and buy hay. And of course some do both sometimes.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moshe said:

I remember as a kid when they were square bails, and even in first grade, I had to heft them with my grandfather.  The huge shredded wheat rolls that I see these days was supposedly due to theft.

Yes remember those days as a boy.  On the wagon with a bail hook, hooking them off the bailer and stacking them  on the wagon.   Then in a hot barn stacking the bales in the hay mow...  Sweat, itch and scratch in those hot summer days. No big round bales back in those days  If only I could go back...  I would in a a heartbeat..

Dave..