Sixth-grader 'was told Donald Trump couldn't be her hero for a class project',

pipedreams

This is not good when a 6th grader is told this, regardless of who is the president.  To tell children they cannot look up to the president of the country is flat out wrong.

"An 11-year-old student claims she was not allowed to have President Donald Trump as her hero for a class assignment 

Sixth-graders at Samoset Middle School were told to pick a hero to write a report

Bella Moscato was told by her teacher that Trump 'spreads negativity and says bad stuff about women', telling her to choose a different 'hero' "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6914735/Sixth-grader-told-pick-hero-barred-choosing-President-Trump.html

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, pipedreams said:

This is not good when a 6th grader is told this, regardless of who is the president.  To tell children they cannot look up to the president of the country is flat out wrong.

"An 11-year-old student claims she was not allowed to have President Donald Trump as her hero for a class assignment 

Sixth-graders at Samoset Middle School were told to pick a hero to write a report

Bella Moscato was told by her teacher that Trump 'spreads negativity and says bad stuff about women', telling her to choose a different 'hero' "

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-6914735/Sixth-grader-told-pick-hero-barred-choosing-President-Trump.html

The school instead, says the child is a liar.  Given a choice between the teacher and the child, Considering the subject of this discussion, I wouldn't have chosen the child as the liar.  

• Like 2

I would be all over that school like a wet blanket.  When I was a young man Ronald Reagan was my hero.  I can pretty much guarantee you no school did this with Obama.  I even received a brochure and a form letter from the White House.  So, the only President I have liked in my life time was Reagan.

Edited by Moshe
  • Like 1