School bus aide accused of sexual assault found injured, woman found dead in his apartment near Twin Cities

TBO

harveykneifl.jpg?itok=EdnM3fbu

WOODBURY, Minn. — A Woodbury man is hospitalized and a woman is dead after being found this morning by police, Woodbury Police Commander John Altman said.

Harvey Kneifl, 72, was due to appear at 9 a.m. in Washington County Courts to receive the verdict on a criminal trial. Kneifl was charged in 2017 with six counts of sexual assault for alleged conduct against multiple minors while working as a school bus attendant for South Washington County Schools. When he did not appear, the court asked Woodbury Public Safety to check on him.

Upon arrival at Kneifl's apartment building, police and building staff did not get a response at his door. Building staff entered the apartment to find Kneifl and a woman with "significant" injuries.

Kneifl was transported to Regions Hospital with what were believed to be self-inflicted injuries, while the woman was declared dead.

The incident was not random and there is no threat to the public, Altman said.

At that age, there could be hundreds of victims, because these predators keep at it.  I am glad he is dead, and she as well.  I promise I had nothing to do with it. ?  Though, I constantly have had to fight that dark passenger.  Having to interview illegals and putting detainers on them, for pages of counts, I could feel my hand trembling forward to smash their head into the metal desk repeatedly.   I think they must have had an intuition that might be a possibility, so there was always a ranking jailor with me.  But, then again, they were always in segregation.  They were always the biggest whiners when I had them in custody.  Whining about this and that.  I would just announce to the perpetrator, "If you don't like it here, I guess you shouldn't have raped that kid."  Slam the door, and let be what may where he was housed.  If I ever go to prison for being a serial killer, child predators would be the only "victims."  I am still pissed at the SCOTUS decision that they can't be put to death for destroying a kid for life.

• Like 1

Woodbury bus driver accused of child sex assaults says he killed wife ‘out of mercy’ 

A former Woodbury school bus driver accused of molesting 10 young children cut his wife’s neck Wednesday night and watched her bleed to death before slicing his own neck, according to murder charges filed Friday.

Officers discovered the body of Julie A. Kneifl, 72, Thursday morning when they went to the couple’s home in the St. Therese of Woodbury senior housing complex to check on the whereabouts of Harvey T. Kneifl, 72, who had failed to appear in Washington County District Court in Stillwater.

They found Harvey Kneifl in a shower, bleeding from a neck wound; two knives were on the floor close to him, the complaint states.

Kneifl told police that he had placed the knives in a linen closet on Wednesday evening. After watching the 10 p.m. news together, Kneifl said, he helped his wife use the bathroom. He then told her he was “going to help her get to heaven,” the complaint states.

Kneifl took one of the knives from the linen closet and “cut her throat and put her in the bathtub,” according to the complaint. “(He) stated it took 20 minutes for her to pass.”

When he knew she was dead, he cleaned up the scene and placed a blanket over her, the complaint states. “He then went to the other bathroom and, using the same knife, cut himself in the neck and laid down in the shower … and fell asleep” until law enforcement officers and a nurse from St. Therese arrived.

Kneifl said Julie Kneifl had been suffering from Alzheimer’s disease for the past four years and that he “killed her out of mercy,” the complaint states. “He thought she was in heaven, and he was just helping her along.”

Julie Kneifl was found with a deep laceration on the left side of her neck; the Ramsey County medical examiner’s office has ruled the death a homicide.

Harvey Kneifl was treated at the scene by Woodbury EMS and taken by ambulance to Regions Hospital in St. Paul. According to the complaint, he told first responders that he had “helped his wife out last night.”

Kneifl was arrested Friday afternoon at Regions and remains in the custody of the Woodbury Public Safety Department. He will be taken to the Washington County Jail once he is released from the hospital. He is expected to be arraigned Monday morning on suspicion of second-degree murder, said John Altman, a spokesman for Woodbury public safety.

Enhancement to a first-degree murder charge could occur if a grand jury is convened by the Washington County Attorney’s office, Altman said.

Police held a town hall meeting at St. Therese on Friday at the request of administrators to talk to residents and answer questions and “put their minds at ease,” Altman said. “This was not a random act. St. Therese is a wonderful safe community with great staff. They are the most fantastic and caring people.”

Harvey Kneifl was to appear in court Thursday morning for the conclusion of his bench trial on 10 felony counts of second-degree criminal sexual conduct. He was charged with groping at least 10 children over their clothes as they rode the school bus; each victim was 5 or younger, officials said.

At the time of the alleged incidents, in January and February 2017, Kneifl was working as a bus aide on a route for pre-K and special-needs children.

Kneifl denied touching the girls in the manner he was accused of.

On 2/1/2019 at 7:42 AM, Moshe said:

At that age, there could be hundreds of victims, because these predators keep at it.  I am glad he is dead, and she as well.  I promise I had nothing to do with it. ?  Though, I constantly have had to fight that dark passenger.  Having to interview illegals and putting detainers on them, for pages of counts, I could feel my hand trembling forward to smash their head into the metal desk repeatedly.   I think they must have had an intuition that might be a possibility, so there was always a ranking jailor with me.  But, then again, they were always in segregation.  They were always the biggest whiners when I had them in custody.  Whining about this and that.  I would just announce to the perpetrator, "If you don't like it here, I guess you shouldn't have raped that kid."  Slam the door, and let be what may where he was housed.  If I ever go to prison for being a serial killer, child predators would be the only "victims."  I am still pissed at the SCOTUS decision that they can't be put to death for destroying a kid for life.

Dark Passenger. I get the Dexter reference. I was always rooting for him.