Random Political/Social Posting

Eric

7 minutes ago, berto62 said:

what he's doing now is not defending the Border it's a midterm dog and pony show

⬆️ While I hate to agree with him, it’s becoming more and more apparent that he is correct

3 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

But the cartoon you posted specified "brown people", to imply racism on Trump's part. If the caravan were made up of white people would you still be as indignant?

You cannot have someone who is described as “telling it like it is” “talking tough” “saying what needs to be said”

and follow up with “what he meant was”

he has used Hispanic terms for criminal behavior to describe the caravan. If you like that, or agree, or want to justify it...then own it.

i have yet to hear ISIS members referred to as “Bad Hombres”

dont follow up with....”well, he meant everybody”

• Like 1

• Replies 112.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• pipedreams

• ChuteTheMall

• Swampfox762

• Schmidt Meister

10 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

⬆️ While I hate to agree with him, it’s becoming more and more apparent that he is correct

You cannot have someone who is described as “telling it like it is” “talking tough” “saying what needs to be said”

and follow up with “what he meant was”

he has used Hispanic terms for criminal behavior to describe the caravan. If you like that, or agree, or want to justify it...then own it.

i have yet to hear ISIS members referred to as “Bad Hombres”

dont follow up with....”well, he meant everybody”

Unless Trump specifically said "The brown people are coming" the cartoonist should have captioned Trump saying "The Hondurans are coming" to be consistent with Revere. Otherwise it's a smear, IMO. If Trump really said that then I stand corrected.

7 hours ago, berto62 said:

upload_2018-11-4_6-50-36.png

It is an incredibly racist of the cartoonist to assume that people coming from Honduras are brown.  Maybe it is only the white ones that are being oppressed or threatening.

Of course the issue isn't what color they are, it is about their attempt to invade our country. Their coming here illegally. If it were about asylum, they would stop in the first country out of their country and request asylum, or maybe Mexico. Is Mexico a threat to their safety?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, gwalchmai said:

Unless Trump specifically said "The brown people are coming" the cartoonist should have captioned Trump saying "The Hondurans are coming" to be consistent with Revere. Otherwise it's a smear, IMO. If Trump really said that then I stand corrected.

Revere didn’t say “the British are coming”

he said “the Regulars are coming” the people he was warning were British, it would have been silly to warn them that they were coming.

but you have to admit that Trump has and continues to use inflammatory language in order to promote a reaction.

Edited by Dric902

5 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

Revere didn’t say “the British are coming”

he said “the Regulars are coming” the people he was warning were British, it would have been silly to warn them that they were coming.

but you have to admit that Trump has and continues to use inflammatory language in order to promote a reaction.

Really? I'd always heard British. No, come to think, it was Redcoats.

I'll admit to the language, yes, but I think the racist angle is a bit much.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, racerford said:

It is an incredibly racist of the cartoonist to assume that people coming from Honduras are brown.  Maybe it is only the white ones that are being oppressed or threatening.

Of course the issue isn't what color they are, it is about their attempt to invade our country. Their coming here illegally. If it were about asylum, they would stop in the first country out of their country and request asylum, or maybe Mexico. Is Mexico a threat to their safety?

Except there is no law that forces asylum seekers to apply at the first country they enter. Law simply states they have to have left their country, be in the US or at a port of entry to apply, and apply within a year of arrival. 

48 minutes ago, berto62 said:

Except there is no law that forces asylum seekers to apply at the first country they enter. Law simply states they have to have left their country, be in the US or at a port of entry to apply, and apply within a year of arrival. 

except if we are using the UN standard for asylum, ( which I believe\ is the only agreement we have to take asylum seekers) both the "Dublin Regulation" and UNHHCR's standard principle is that seekers are to accept asylum in the first country they reach. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_Regulation

http://www.unhcr.org/en-us/protection/basic/3b66c2aa10/convention-protocol-relating-status-refugees.html

Edited by tehan2
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Dric902 said:

two words: “bad hombres.”

says if elected he will deport bad drug dealers and ‘bad hombres’.

Donald Trump Calls Out ‘Bad Hombres’

Trump says 'bad hombre' and memes are born

saying that he wanted to get the "bad hombres" out of the United States

You wouldn’t believe how bad these people are,” he said. “These aren’t people. These are animals.”

im sure he meant “white people”

He was speaking specifically of MS-13.  You know, that nice group of young men who make a rattlesnake in a blind look like a nice furry kitten?  

Hawk 

• Like 2

The clown that put this annoying meme together is perpetuating the strategic narrative developed by the DNC in collusion with Hillary Clinton’s Campaign Staff. Truth and reality are irrelevant to these people. Their intent is to stir up anger and resentment and to channel it to influence political elections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

11 hours ago, Brown Hawk said:

He was speaking specifically of MS-13.  You know, that nice group of young men who make a rattlesnake in a blind look like a nice furry kitten?  

Hawk 

That’s fine, then own it.

not come back later and tell me that he “really meant” something else.

8 hours ago, C_Hallbert said:

Truth and reality are irrelevant to these people. Their intent is to stir up anger and resentment and to channel it to influence political elections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds exactly like Trump

5 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

That’s fine, then own it.

not come back later and tell me that he “really meant” something else.

If you prove me wrong, I will admit it, here, in front of everyone, as I have done before, here, in front of everyone.  

But I listened to the full statement, uncut.  Unfortunately, where anyone on the right is concerned, you have to dig down and find the original statement and context.  You know, like a free press is supposed to do.  

So I will repeat my statement.  Your and my President of the United States, Donald J. Trump, was referring to the MS-13 gang with that “animal” statement.  

Hawk 

• Like 2