Glock 43 Owners

minderasr

Sorry, I'm an IWB carrier, too.

Either a Raven Concealment VanGuard 2 or a series 1 Gearcraft Solo:

220873808_IMG_20180210_110052987-Copy(2).jpg.46bbf6b98275737fd70158a50f320750.jpg

(Took me a minute to remember the name and look up the one OWB I do have....)

While it isn't really sized for the G43, at the range, I'll usually put OWB a Phalanx Defense Stealth Operator:

1209393303_PhalanxDefenseOperator.png.0fbe83d34aa59db80f5d19ccb3ab6baf.png

It's a great multi-purpose holster.

Mine will accept my G26, G30S, SD9VE and, yes, even my G43, although it isn't too snug on the single stack.  I certainly wouldn't use it around town for the G43.  But it is a great one size fits all holster to keep in my range bag.

http://www.stealthoperator.com/Compact.php

Edited by Maccabeus

Currently I'm using a Gunfighter's Inc. Ronin in black kydex. Great holster for the money. Holds it tight to the side and has great retention. 

https://gunfightersinc.com/ronin-owb/

I also have a Galco Combatmaster (black leather) that I'm not sure but might have  been for a G27 no accessory rail. It's a tad loose but once the belt is tight, it's G2G. I'm not sure how it would work with the newer versions.

Edited by MikeG36

I use my 43 as a backup to my 19.  So I use an ankle holster if driving or I’m seated a lot, a pocket holster for quick trips in work clothes.  Both are generic nylon.  The pocket holster I also use when wearing a coat and I don’t need gloves.  I also have a Galco shoulder holster for a G19 that I have modified to hold the 43 for inside a heavy winter coat, so I can take off a glove and stick my hand inside the coat to “warm my hand”.  (I can unadjust it by taking out the paper towels.?)

My regular carry is my 19 in “The Answer” IWB from Tucker Gunleather.  I believe they also make it for the 43.  Comfortable, adjustable, and the only holster I’ve ever used for carry.  

On 9/8/2018 at 6:20 PM, minderasr said:

What holster are you using for OWB?

Can’t remember the brand, but it’s the same, non-descript kydex clip holster that everyone sells for $35-$50 bucks.  

I’ve had many for different handguns over the years and have never noticed a difference in quality.  

Pick a maker with a good return policy and you’ll be fine!

OWB I use an excellent Safariland paddle holster, the same as I use for my duty pistol. In this Glock 43 application it comes with a small paddle, but can be purchased with the full size paddle.

91aedfdfa66a7449e8dbf8c174b5cd67.png

IWB I prefer either the Q-Series holster or this one from StealthGear.

d67cc2baca8f65b3f6f9bb0d5e9a4c5e.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/9/2018 at 9:45 PM, MikeG36 said:

Currently I'm using a Gunfighter's Inc. Ronin in black kydex. Great holster for the money. Holds it tight to the side and has great retention. 

https://gunfightersinc.com/ronin-owb/

This.  Best Kydex OWB I own. However, when I'm in the mood for leather (which is most of the time) I have a Milt Sparks in 55BNS in cordovan with a matching basket stamped belt.  For IWB I use a Sparks Summer Special.

I've tried Alien Gear and while it's fine it feels and looks completely soulless.  Just doesn't speak to me.  FTR most of my carry guns ride in a Milt Sparks.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Geezer said:

I have a Kydex holster that a friend makes but I never use it, I pocket carry my G43.

What kind of pants do you wear that has pockets big enough for a G43?

With a gun as large as the G43, the gun in a pocket holster will actually fit in oist pockets that I've tried but then there isn't much room to get your hand in the pocket. A G42 is about the biggest gun I can pocket carry and I wish Glock had made the G43 the size of the G42 which is a little large for a 380.

Edited by Borg warner

1 hour ago, Borg warner said:

What kind of pants do you wear that has pockets big enough for a G43?

With a gun as large as the G43, the gun in a pocket holster will actually fit in oist pockets that I've tried but then there isn't much room to get your hand in the pocket. A G42 is about the biggest gun I can pocket carry and I wish Glock had made the G43 the size of the G42 which is a little large for a 380.

I wear Carhartt pants, not the heavy canvas pants, and shorts from Tractor Supply.  I always check the depth of the front pockets before I buy pants or shorts.  I don't wear jeans any more and most jeans are not very compatible with pocket carry.  You're not going to believe me but many times I pocket carry a G19.  People that know me know that this is true.

1 minute ago, Geezer said:

I wear Carhartt pants, not the heavy canvas pants, and shorts from Tractor Supply.  I always check the depth of the front pockets before I buy pants or shorts.  I don't wear jeans any more and most jeans are not very compatible with pocket carry.  You're not going to believe me but many times I pocket carry a G19.  People that know me know that this is true.

Thanks. I'll have to look into the Carhartts.

On 9/12/2018 at 1:25 PM, hoppyjr said:

OWB I use an excellent Safariland paddle holster, the same as I use for my duty pistol. In this Glock 43 application it comes with a small paddle, but can be purchased with the full size paddle.

91aedfdfa66a7449e8dbf8c174b5cd67.png

IWB I prefer either the Q-Series holster or this one from StealthGear.

d67cc2baca8f65b3f6f9bb0d5e9a4c5e.png

I have the Safariland for my G19. I like it and it's a great holster but IMO it's not the best for concealment. Great for training / range and work.

• Like 1