I have a different kind of boot question.

jame

For a change, this isn't about work boots, it's about casual type boots.

I have an office job, but I'm allowed to wear casual type pants, similar to the Dockers' cargo pants kinda thing. Think denim, without actually being blue denim.

I'd like to buy a casual boot, because I like the ankle support that my regular work boots have. (I'm also a farm guy on the side)  

But here's the catch: I have a neuropathy in my feet that causes a lot of pain, so comfort is a big deal. My arches are good. I need cushioning.

I'm looking at the Clark desert Boots, but I'm unsure. Does anyone have any experience or suggestions for this type of footwear?

Well, in the other boot thread, I mentioned I have 2 pair of Clark boots, one pair is the desert boot and the other is a lace up smooth leather. Both are relatively comfortable, I don't wear inserts with them. My new Red Wings are here, I'm working tomorrow so the RW are going to get a trial run.

Your feet pain problems....I would be more concerned with getting a proper foot bed like a Sole moldable foot bed. They make a variety of thickness footbeds, thin for dress shoes etc.

My opinion of the Clarks are that the insole area is rather flat and lacking in support. They don't give much in any ankle support like a lace up bppt. I like mine, and am okay with wearing them. But I don't have foot problems and have always taken care of my feet. 

2 hours ago, ARP said:

Well, in the other boot thread, I mentioned I have 2 pair of Clark boots, one pair is the desert boot and the other is a lace up smooth leather. Both are relatively comfortable, I don't wear inserts with them. My new Red Wings are here, I'm working tomorrow so the RW are going to get a trial run.

Your feet pain problems....I would be more concerned with getting a proper foot bed like a Sole moldable foot bed. They make a variety of thickness footbeds, thin for dress shoes etc.

My opinion of the Clarks are that the insole area is rather flat and lacking in support. They don't give much in any ankle support like a lace up bppt. I like mine, and am okay with wearing them. But I don't have foot problems and have always taken care of my feet. 

So, these Sole moldable footbeds.......does a guy just order them direct and trim to fit, or how does that work?  Do they add some level of cushioning?

I've always taken care of my feet as well, but a bout of long term Lyme disease left me with some neurological issues, one being the current neuropathy, although medication and time have helped somewhat.  My go to favorite of all favorite comfy shoes are the excellent but pricey Brooks Beasts, but they're an athletic type walking shoe.  Not really fit for the office.

Edited by jame

www.yoursole.com   

They are not padding, they are sort of hard and either by wearing or by heating in an oven and then standing on them, they make an imprint of your feet and support them. I have found that overly padded insoles like Dr Scholls are not the way to go. You order your shoe size, if the shoes you plan to wear them in have an insole, remove it and replace with Sole.  Not a good idea to place over top of the existing. You can use the removed footbed as a template for the Sole footbed and trim to size. Not terribly expensive. $40? or so on line.

• Like 1