7.62x39 Ruger American

RonS

11 hours ago, minervadoe said:

I have a CZ 527 and I have to admit that chambering a bolt action rifle in 7.62X39 is a pretty great idea.

Ruger should sell a bunch of these.  cz527.jpg

That looks just like mine which is chambered in 7.62x39. It's a kick ass rifle. A lot of people think the 7.62x39 is somehow inaccurate. This rifle will prove those people wrong. It's not an SKS or AK 47.

1 hour ago, KBKEITH said:

That looks just like mine which is chambered in 7.62x39. It's a kick ass rifle. A lot of people think the 7.62x39 is somehow inaccurate. This rifle will prove those people wrong. It's not an SKS or AK 47.

I bought the competitor to the Ruger American, a Savage Axis chambered in .223.  The accuracy for a rifle at this price point is just astonishing.  I believe that both Ruger and Savage have made it very difficult to compete in the $350 to $550 price range.  The CZ 527 comes in a couple of hundred dollars higher and gives you a really attractive, high quality rifle for that price.  

I really like having a couple of bolt action rifles chambered in readily available military mid power cartridges.  Cheap ammunition can be found just about anywhere and the lower kick of the rifle allows you to put a lot of rounds down range without developing a flinch.  

Built to CIP specifications, our 7.62×39 chambers are ideal for shooting steel-cased surplus ammo. Designed to shoot .311 bullets, some American brass ammo may not perform as well as the imported steel-cased variety because of SAAMI brass dimensions and varying bullet diameters.

I've mostly shot steel case ammunition through my CZ, but the batch of brass ammo that I reloaded fired a very tight group (high and to the right).  Once the brass has been formed to the chamber, I'd like to neck size a batch and see where the point of aim goes.  But, yeah, the gun is very accurate at 100 yards.   

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, minervadoe said:

I bought the competitor to the Ruger American, a Savage Axis chambered in .223.  The accuracy for a rifle at this price point is just astonishing.  I believe that both Ruger and Savage have made it very difficult to compete in the $350 to $550 price range.  The CZ 527 comes in a couple of hundred dollars higher and gives you a really attractive, high quality rifle for that price.  

I really like having a couple of bolt action rifles chambered in readily available military mid power cartridges.  Cheap ammunition can be found just about anywhere and the lower kick of the rifle allows you to put a lot of rounds down range without developing a flinch.  

I've mostly shot steel case ammunition through my CZ, but the batch of brass ammo that I reloaded fired a very tight group (high and to the right).  Once the brass has been formed to the chamber, I'd like to neck size a batch and see where the point of aim goes.  But, yeah, the gun is very accurate at 100 yards.   

Excellent post. I agree with you 100%.

• 2 weeks later...