My new little beast. I’m delighted!

jame

A revolver that frame size and weight needs a good quality leather thumbsnap belt holster and a good belt IMO to be comfortable.  

I often carry a 3” K frame model 64 in a Don Hume H721, with a Safariland Split-six speedloader pouch.  I prefer Safariland Comp II speedloaders for concealed carry

A speedloader on the belt and a speed strip in the pocket is a good loadout for a revolver CCW. I carry this setup in the fall and winter when a cover garment is easy.  

Are you new to revolvers?  If so they make great carry guns, but reloads take some practice. Time to get to the range with some speedloaders and start practicing. I use a slightly modified Ayoob Stressfire reload for my revolvers. 

This is my K frame CCW revolver setup:

7433729F-7BC6-4087-B4E0-EEDD632B4896.jpeg

563BF2F7-68B2-4DF9-A030-0A0158B045A3.jpeg

Edited by Collim1
  • Like 3

Beautiful piece! Definitely on my wish list. I ran some 58g full power .357mag through my LCR yesterday. After 60 rounds, I'm missing some skin on my blued trigger finger. Remington 158g .38 special +P had some kick as well. Winchester White Box .357 magnum 110g JSP feels just right with the LCR. Anxious to read your range report with your GP100.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, SevenSixtyTwo said:

Beautiful piece! Definitely on my wish list. I ran some 58g full power .357mag through my LCR yesterday. After 60 rounds, I'm missing some skin on my blued trigger finger. Remington 158g .38 special +P had some kick as well. Winchester White Box .357 magnum 110g JSP feels just right with the LCR. Anxious to read your range report with your GP100.

That's funny because I had that problem with torque abrading skin on the top of my trigger finger firing full power loads in my SP101 which is 27.4 ounces or 10 ounces heavier than your LCR. That was with the short factory grips. With the Hogue rubber grips I can fit my pinky and get better leverage and no more discomfort. . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, G26S239 said:

That's funny because I had that problem with torque abrading skin on the top of my trigger finger firing full power loads in my SP101 which is 27.4 ounces or 10 ounces heavier than your LCR. That was with the short factory grips. With the Hogue rubber grips I can fit my pinky and get better leverage and no more discomfort. . 

The Web of my hand did well with the factory Hogue grip on the LCR. Just the trigger finger suffered the brutal recoil. After 150~rounds through the LCR, my G26 felt like no recoil at all. I like my little hand cannon, but it really makes you appreciate the feel of the Glock afterwards. The report from .357mag indoors makes the 9mm sound like snap caps.

• Like 1