Holster good as milk in a glass bottle?

Desert Kraut

I'm a fan of the OEM Sport/Combat. I use it mostly as an occasional carry rather than all the time. I typically carry IWB but wanted an option for OWB use. Likewise for my G35. I only occasionally carry it and didn't want to spend a ton of money on a specialty holster. The Glock holster is very inexpensive, will hold any of the double stack 9/40/357 guns and actually keeps the pistol pretty tight against the body with very little bulk or weight. The retention is set by how firmly you put the gun in. The more Glocks a person has, the better reason to pick one up. BTW, I also use their mag carrier. Minimal bulk and weight yet works for a long time.

I have one and it works pretty well for the price. That said, there are a lot of great holsters out there that won't necessarily break the bank. My main criticism of the GSCH is that the muzzle isn't covered.  That may not be a big deal to you personally but I'm always bumping into stuff getting in and out of cars, etc. Also I usually carry a pocket knife that might rub against the barrel crown so I prefer a little more protection for the muzzle.

Range use for me and not because there is anything inferior about them but like the above post, I prefer holsters that extend the length of the slide.

I CCW'ed with one some years ago and carelessly plopped down ( I am 5" 11' 175 pounds) on a wooden bench in a restaurant and it was enough force to nearly dislodge the weapon completely from the holster. 

Partly my own fault but a fully covered muzzle would have prevented that from occurring.     

There is no substitute for quality. A holster is part of the weapon system (along with the gun and belt). If you're serious about carrying, buy something you'd bet your life on.

That said, I'm a kydex guy, and JM Custom Kydex is the best I've found. Had good luck with G Code, too. There are many high quality holster makers out there. My $.02...

Edited by TXUSMC

While I don't care to wear it, mine does a fine job holding my G30S every night.

WP_20161022_23_16_43_Pro.thumb.jpg.e59531021f7aa1b5356f5e68fd19ce4d.jpg

For range use, I use the Phalanx Defense Operator.  It's double the cost, but they are nice holsters in that they will flex to hold a wide variety of pistol frames.  Mine handles Glocks in both .45 and 9mm as well as a S&W SD9VE without problems (see their website for an extensive list of pistols it supposedly accommodates):

526494654_PhalanxDefenseOperator.png.e52e0cdd19ec4adb98e75d94c135cf2d.png

They also offer a full size model that covers the full slide:  http://www.stealthoperator.com/FullSize.php  Available on Amazon.

I'd recommend black.  I have the coyote version and it's an odd shade.  Looks too much like bare skin.

Again, great for the range when using a variety of pistols.  If I were carrying OWB daily, I'd spend more to get a quality custom holster that fit me and my particular pistol more precisely.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...