VEPR love

KBKEITH

Does anyone else love the Vepr rifles and shotguns from Molot of Russia? I have an assortment of the ones that the FIME group imported over the past couple of years. They are excellent AK style firearms built on RPK receivers with heavy barrels.

It's truly a shame that the US has stopped the importation of these firearms. You can still get them but the supply is drying up quickly and they are selling at a premium price.

My personal favorite is the hunting model chambered in 7.62x54R. You can easily add different stocks, forearms and pistol grips to turn this into a more traditional looking AK. 

IMG_5707.JPG

IMG_5708.JPG

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Danoobie said:

The new ones look so much nicer than the ones they were sending 10 years ago. My old VEPR's stock looks like

a firewood refugee. Do the new ones still put a massive dent in the brass, upon ejection? 

The FIME group did a great job with these current VEPR rifles. The wood furniture on the hunting models are actually pretty damn nice. The ergonomics are great too. Very comfortable and the right LOP for me.

I really haven’t paid much attention to the spent cases and whether or not they are dented. I’ll try and remember to check next time I get to the range.

On 8/23/2017 at 7:04 AM, KBKEITH said:

Does anyone else love the Vepr rifles and shotguns from Molot of Russia? I have an assortment of the ones that the FIME group imported over the past couple of years. They are excellent AK style firearms built on RPK receivers with heavy barrels.

It's truly a shame that the US has stopped the importation of these firearms. You can still get them but the supply is drying up quickly and they are selling at a premium price.

My personal favorite is the hunting model chambered in 7.62x54R. You can easily add different stocks, forearms and pistol grips to turn this into a more traditional looking AK. 

IMG_5707.JPG

IMG_5708.JPG

That bottom gun in 7.62x54r would be a formidable setup. Is that a 20 round magazine in the black rifle ? Hard to beat.

Edited by Smith10
stuff n'at
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Smith10 said:

That bottom gun in 7.62x54r would be a formidable setup. Is that a 20 round magazine in the black rifle ? Hard to beat.

I did convert mine to look like a typical AK as in the bottom picture. Pretty easy. The magazine is a 10 round made by SGM Tactical. Factory mags are 5 rounds. A 20 round mag would be fantastic but I have yet to find a company that makes one.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KBKEITH said:

I did convert mine to look like a typical AK as in the bottom picture. Pretty easy. The magazine is a 10 round made by SGM Tactical. Factory mags are 5 rounds. A 20 round mag would be fantastic but I have yet to find a company that makes one.

And that rifle would do many of the tasks we ask of a rifle and do them well.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
On 9/20/2017 at 5:11 PM, KBKEITH said:

I really haven’t paid much attention to the spent cases and whether or not they are dented. I’ll try and remember to check next time I get to the range.

You won't notice it on steel casings from the spam can ammo, but I was horrified, when I bought some brass Speer ammo, specifically for reloading,

and the rifle destroyed them. 

• Like 1