More Leftist Mental Gymnastics on Hate Crimes

fortyofforty

Somebody please explain to me, again, what is and is not a hate crime?  I've seen a lot of cases where we're told something is not a hate crime because a person is not a member of a protected "class".  To what protected class does a person wearing a Puerto Rican shirt belong?  I'm confused.

Hate crime charges filed against man caught on video confronting woman over Puerto Rico shirt

I find it funny the guy is yelling at her for wearing the flag in the US. Does he yell at others for wearing their state flag in the US? I'm assuming he realizes that Puerto Rico is a US Territory, but maybe he doesn't?

• Like 1

Calling that a hate crime and charging him with not one, but two counts is just more appeasement of the leftist lunacy in a liberal city. She rented the space and the man was harassing her. The officer should have responded to her numerous requests for assistance and stepped in asking the guy to be on his way. If he did not, he should have been arrested for harassment. I believe he was out of line with his comments, however his words posed no risk of imminent violence, so everything he said was protected free speech under the 1st Amendment no matter how offended some people may be because of it.  

4 hours ago, BMyers said:

I find it funny the guy is yelling at her for wearing the flag in the US. Does he yell at others for wearing their state flag in the US? I'm assuming he realizes that Puerto Rico is a US Territory, but maybe he doesn't?

The guy looked quite intoxicated, so who knows.

Considering our "wonderful government controlled" school systems, the dumbing down of Americans, the rabid hatred currently spreading throughout the country thanks to 8 years of legal hate mongering and Communist invluence- his attitude unfortunately does not surprise me. He may have been drinking, but the plain matter of fact is there are many Americans that do not realize Puerto Rico is a US Territory and their citizens just also happen to be US citizens. 

• Like 1

Considering our "wonderful government controlled" school systems, the dumbing down of Americans, the rabid hatred currently spreading throughout the country thanks to 8 years of legal hate mongering and Communist invluence- his attitude unfortunately does not surprise me. He may have been drinking, but the plain matter of fact is there are many Americans that do not realize Puerto Rico is a US Territory and their citizens just also happen to be US citizens. 

That was part of Social Studies class in elementary school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

6 hours ago, Roger1079 said:

That was part of Social Studies class in elementary school.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I agree that information likely was included in elementary school, but after watching the gentleman on the video do you really believe he was paying attention in school?