Apex S&W MP .45 duty/carry spring kit: thumbs up

Highspeedlane

My S&W MP .45 had an out of the box trigger pull that was nothing short of horrendous. After the usual takeup, the pull (not measured) felt like it was in excess of 15 pounds. I don't know if it was really that high but it certainly felt like it.

There are several aftermarket trigger kit options for these pistols but I opted to retain the basic S&W trigger and use the Apex to lighten it up. Though this kit comes with the parts shown (trigger spring, sear and sear spring) as well as the upper parts (firing pin interlock plunger and spring), I just changed out the lower parts and what a difference. The trigger now feels like its advertised weight (~5-1/2 lbs). Now just looking forward to an opportunity to bench group this gal :)

zpzQuQn1x4x3yLak3K7k7hk3NalbeewdsGzChved

• Like 1

There is no doubt that the Apex trigger kits are excellent and clean up the M&P trigger immensely on some guns. I have a variety of them from the DCAEK to the forward set trigger. The hinged M&P factory trigger itself has never bothered me in the least however and remains in all of my M&P's sans two of them. Apex has made a small fortune based on the gun guru inspired misconception that every M&P M1.0 needs one. When they do, they do, but I have a couple M1.0's that came from the factory with excellent triggers right out of the box. And every M2.0 M&P I have the trigger has been excellent and did not need anything but dry firing and range time.

I am betting your M&P45 will shoot just wonderfully when you get to the range. I know mine does. Putting in the Apex plunger and spring in will smooth out the pull a bit but should not lighten it too much more. Be sure to report back when you get that grouping.

2 hours ago, mlk18 said:

There is no doubt that the Apex trigger kits are excellent and clean up the M&P trigger immensely on some guns. I have a variety of them from the DCAEK to the forward set trigger. The hinged M&P factory trigger itself has never bothered me in the least however and remains in all of my M&P's sans two of them. Apex has made a small fortune based on the gun guru inspired misconception that every M&P M1.0 needs one. When they do, they do, but I have a couple M1.0's that came from the factory with excellent triggers right out of the box. And every M2.0 M&P I have the trigger has been excellent and did not need anything but dry firing and range time.

I am betting your M&P45 will shoot just wonderfully when you get to the range. I know mine does. Putting in the Apex plunger and spring in will smooth out the pull a bit but should not lighten it too much more. Be sure to report back when you get that grouping.

Will do. I won't have an opportunity to hit the range till next weekend unfortunately. I've also put the Apex in my M&P 9 Shield and it also did a great job of making the trigger much more manageable. Definitely worth it.

I installed their striker block/spring kit along with the sear in my 1.0 full size 9mm and was instantly blown away with how it transformed from being so gritty that it felt like it was full of sand to as light and crisp as it is now.

I also just picked up my Shield 2.0 today and plan on running a bunch of round through it, my full size and P365 tomorrow with some friends and honestly, I'm more excited about shooting the full size just because of the trigger lol.