The Haunted Site

willie-pete

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\t Views:\t1 Size:\t126.0 KB ID:\t5708","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"5708","data-size":"full"}[/ATTACH]

( Nose art just isn't for airplanes )

This week in 1965, 53 people were killed in an underground fire at a Titan II site in Searcy, AR. Ever after known as " Tthe Haunted Site ".

One of the site I used to pull alerts at when I got there; I don't believe in that sort of thing, but a lot of un-explainable stuff happened there to the exclusion of the other sites.

http://www.themilitarystandard.com/m...dent_373-4.php

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...re-that-kille/

Edited by willie-pete
  • Like 3

Man. That really sucks. Hopefully the suffering was minimal for all of the lost.

Thanks for the links, that's some interesting reading.

FWIW, I fully believe in the unexplainable thanks to four years at Fort L.J.McNair.

Our barracks were a former prison, and many a strange occurrence happened during my late night rounds through the building.

The Lincoln conspirators were hung at McNair.

• Like 2

Stationed at PMRF Barking Sands on Kauai, HI. I saw and heard things that make me an absolute believer in the paranormal. I don't believe every story out there and a lot can be explained by science/physics, but, there are some things that just defy explanation.

• Like 1

Lots of haunted military bases out there, and even a few ships! Apparently, the USS Lexington at Corpus is haunted as all hell.

[ATTACH=JSON]{"alt":"Click image for larger version Name:\tHaunted-USS-Lexington-Corpus-Christie-picture-of-engine-room-ghost.jpg Views:\t1 Size:\t29.1 KB ID:\t5749","data-align":"none","data-attachmentid":"5749","data-size":"full","title":"Haunted-USS-Lexington-Corpus-Christie-picture-of-engine-room-ghost.jpg"}[/ATTACH]

Haunted-USS-Lexington-Corpus-Christie-picture-of-engine-room-ghost.jpg.c426d1e91cbb3a63c0c2e53d50ef63c2.jpg

Most died from asphyxia when the flash fire sucked all the oxygen out underground. It probably wasn't an easy way to go out. You could see scratches in the walls where people were trying to get out; later painted over.

One night I had a fire suppression system trip, dump water on the missile putting it off alert ( a bad thing ) , then reset as if nothing happened. Happened again before maintenance got there and worked on it. Said they didn't find anything. Couldn't explain that one.

The horse that called me on the phone was a little easier to explain

Wp

Edited by willie-pete