The best password managers of 2019 and how to use them

TBO

The Government got this wild hair during Obama that all computers require the insertion of your card with actual gold and your happy little face that also served as an ID and in theory opened the doors you had access to.  Ironically, this did not aid in not having a billion passwords to change.  When you see a lanyard around someone's neck, that is precisely for.  Long before Obama, we simply had a key card that logged all your movements within a building.  Your badges and creds were your ID.  Neither stopped the crazy amount of passwords.  I suspect the card in the computer was a counter measure to hacking.  That, and management and the higher ups could monitor your very keystrokes.  But, that is by no means new tech.  Even before the little gold cards, the IT guy in the building could monitor and report back everything you have done on a government computer. 

I read an article in the local newspaper a couple of months ago.  All these counter measures don't work when you leave you G-Laptop in your car, something that has been hammered in every boring training program because the release of PII (Personal Identifiable Information) is considered a crime, termination, and a fine.  The next thing that went was firearms.  Another boring aspect drilled in at Qualifications, and in virtual training about securing the firearm on your person, in a GSA, or Government building designated lock box.  If left in a vehicle, it must be locked to the frame of the vehicle.

We had a bunch of detailers come through from various offices, that my wife brought some chili by when the government shut down.  Partly, because no one in enforcement was getting a pay check, and a friend of mine had just become a Supervisor, and I thought he needed in a shot in the arm for general morale.  Having been an acting supervisor for prolonged periods, I knew what he was facing.    The detailers, were new school, and felt entitled.  One of them spouted off if I could hang around and create I-205's, the simplest task in that job.  I laughed, "I thought you were going to ask something hard."

Well, the failing of the new crop is not only an attitude and sense of entitlement.  So, when I read that outside of the Holiday Inn 20 some vehicles were broken into and laptops and firearms were taken, I could put two and two together.  Those had to be some interesting memos up the chain, having to contact, the locals, FBI, and of course the Office of Personal Responsibility (OPR), in other places their role might be defined as Internal Affairs.  I suspect some of this new crew will be looking for new occupations.