Cats are Weird

Moshe

We used to have an Orange Tabby rescue, that someone dumped by the side of the road that we didn't know if he would live or die.  He lives to this day, outside, being a vole exterminator and mouser for the neighborhood. After several years, he moved to the neighbor's house, they had better food.  In his old age, he became a Garfield.  And I guess he got tired of dry cat food. This kitten is strange.  Her and I got into when she was trying to chew on electrical wire and the outlet.  I kept pushing her away.  She didn't get it, so she got physically removed the way a mother cat would, and took violent exception to that.  Now, she is asleep on my feet.  She seems to be adjusting well, but like a toddler, she needs to be taught she has too small a body for a shocking experience.

Our family had a beautiful calico for 17 years we lived in a wooded rural area and I watched her many times put her instincts on display catching chipmunks, field mice, birds, etc, a skilled killer, I have no doubt when everything on earth has disappeared cats will inherit the earth, self reliant depends on no one for survival, queso ( it's name) used to leave for a week at a time and return like nothing happened, had a little flap door installed for her to come and go as she pleased, used to come home and we'd find her in same place asleep as we saw her last. She had the best of both worlds inside and outside, and she and dog got along just fine no conflicts that I knew of ..never fed it table food always cat foods ... She was one in a million great temperament ...

• Like 1