NRA is back, 'highest ever' membership

pipedreams

"The National Rifle Association has recovered from a membership drop after President Trump’s 2016 election and is now at the highest levels ever in its history.

New figures put the membership at approximately 5.5 million.

Typically the gun lobby membership dips after elections, especially in nonelection years like this year. But officials said it is “holding steady” at unusually high levels, an indication that members are steeling for the upcoming presidential election."

https://thedailydefender.com/us/nra-is-back-highest-ever-membership/

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/washington-secrets/nra-is-back-highest-ever-membership

"What’s more, there are expectations that membership in the NRA will continue to grow going into the 2020 elections that will pit NRA fan Trump against gun control Democrats. The group is just at the beginning of its series of annual events around the country where new members typically join, such as the upcoming April 26-28 national convention in Indianapolis."

Edited by pipedreams

Yup.  And let's not forget Gun Owners of America (they sent me a nice hat), with a minute man on top.  They are going after Trump for his bump fire ban.  Texas Gun Owners, of which I am member, sent me a way too big sticker for the back of a vehicle.  They are currently waging war with the State Legislation for Constitutional Carry, and the lead Republican, who is not acting on the Bill before they run around on their long IDC (I don't care), long break.  Then lets not forget USCCA, who is there for every aspect in every state of legitimate gun owners having to defend themselves.  So, yes, I am part of the NRA, but there is so much more to the spectrum than just them.

• Like 1

ETA; I am endowment life with the NRA, yearly with GOA, SAF and two state level orgs as well.

I have been a yearly member of GOA for 6 years now and I'm thinking there might not be a 7th. I have signed up for their newletter using 5 different manes and email address, I get nothing except Erich Pratt sending emails begging for money a few times a month to each. My state lost a few court cases involving gun rights over the last 18 months and GOA was asked to help by a few different people and as I said we lost because they couldn't be bothered. I'm just a little disgusted with them at this point.

I renewed my membership online again last year and received a confirmation email saying it was received the first week of November, I was still receiving the following guilt trip emails on 12/31/18

Mike,

This is your FINAL CHANCE to renew your Sustaining Membership before the end-of-year deadline.

Anti-gunners across the country are determined to make 2019 the year they DESTROY the Second Amendment once and for all.

And we need to know that you still have our back in this crucial fight to protect your God-given rights.

So please, contribute $20 or more before 11:59 PM TONIGHT to renew your Sustaining Membership and your gift will be MATCHED by a fellow concerned GOA member.

Contribute $15 > $30
Contribute $25 > $50
Contribute $50 > $100
Contribute $100 > $200
Contribute $250 > $500
Contribute Other Amount

The situation has never been more dire.

Ever since the midterm elections, anti-gunners have made it clear that restricting YOUR rights will be their #1 priority.

In just two months Nancy Pelosi and her minions have vowed to:

Create a federal registry of gun owners
        Enact universal background checks
        Expand Red Flag Gun Grabs
        Deny teachers the right to self-defense
        Ban so-called “Assault weapons”

And who knows what other unconstitutional “reforms” they’ll come up with next if we don’t take action to stop them.

We must be ready to fight back and defend liberty the second the clock strikes midnight.

So please, contribute $20 or more before 11:59 PM to renew your Sustaining Membership and your gift will have TWICE the impact.

In Liberty,

mail?url=https%3A%2F%2Fs3.us-east-2.amazonaws.com%2Fcampaigninbox%2FGOA%2FErichPratt_Headshot.jpg&t=1554514758&ymreqid=45240a24-d189-255f-0100-9c0027010000&sig=9dnLoLh1MKHZilzf5igftw--~C

Erich Pratt
Executive Director
Gun Owners of America

Edited by Mike

12 hours ago, Mike said:

ETA; I am endowment life with the NRA, yearly with GOA, SAF and two state level orgs as well.

I have been a yearly member of GOA for 6 years now and I'm thinking there might not be a 7th. I have signed up for their newletter using 5 different manes and email address, I get nothing except Erich Pratt sending emails begging for money a few times a month to each. My state lost a few court cases involving gun rights over the last 18 months and GOA was asked to help by a few different people and as I said we lost because they couldn't be bothered. I'm just a little disgusted with them at this point.

I renewed my membership online again last year and received a confirmation email saying it was received the first week of November, I was still receiving the following guilt trip emails on 12/31/18

I got that crap for the Wall, and then all these campaign requests by Congressmen and Senators for it.  I had some very terse language for that.  I told them I had already given my blood and treasure, and lost plenty of people on the Border.  I got one that was nasty, that said I HAVE CONTACTED YOU THREE TIMES ALREADY.  About that time I invited the individual in question to enjoy the popping sound of their head exiting their colon.