Lee Loadmaster

norton

How many of you run a L/M?  Although I have a Dillon 550 and a rock chucker, I received a L/M a few years ago as a gift for Christmas.  Actually I bought it, gave it to my wife and told her to wrap it up.

The question is Why?

Because I had read of the issues with it, both pro and con, and just wanted to see if I could get it to run.  I also liked the fact it auto indexed.  And that it included an extra die station over the Dillon.

I load .44 mag and .44 special with it.  These are low volume rounds for me.  Use my own cast and powder coated bullets.

I prep my cases for both the Dillon and the L/M with the R/C.  Deprime, resize and seat primers.  I then turn to the L/M for finish work.  My only issue with this is ejection of completed rounds sometimes miss the bin and land on the floor.  I don't use the case feed, although I did try to run it for a while.  Too fiddly. 

I bought one a number of years ago for a dedicated 9mm reloader. I set it up according to Lee website videos. So far 10s of 1000s of rounds later it’s run with nary a hitch. I don’t use the case feeder nor do I prep cases except for a small run in the tumbler. I’ve been more then pleased for a $200 machine.

• Like 1

• Please Donate To TBS

Please donate to TBS.
    Your support is needed and it is greatly appreciated.