Telemarketers and robocalls

Dric902

People make a living just calling numbers to see if it gets answered.

Guess what happens if you call xxx-xxx-0001 through xxx-xxx-9999?

You get everyone!

If you answer (or call back),  it's a live number!  They put live numbers on their list and sell them.

If you put your number on a do-not-call list,  you just confirmed it's a live number.  It gets sold.

32 minutes ago, Huaco Kid said:

People make a living just calling numbers to see if it gets answered.

Guess what happens if you call xxx-xxx-0001 through xxx-xxx-9999?

You get everyone!

If you answer (or call back),  it's a live number!  They put live numbers on their list and sell them.

If you put your number on a do-not-call list,  you just confirmed it's a live number.  It gets sold.

I ignore a lot of phone calls that come in through my phone, the oddest ones listed themselves as Honduras and Afghanistan.

Someone Gotta pass a law prohibiting Robo calling, but how do they police it?  I don't have a mortgage, I don't need an extended warranty, I lease my autos, I got a zero balance on my  credit cards and they keep calling and calling, friend of mines wife got a call regarding a Microsoft warranty, when she told the person she didn't have a microsoft processor the person calling started cursing her using foul and obscene language, think I either read or saw these kinda calls have doubled over previous year, gotta be a better way to make a living IMHO, bad stuff really bad !! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Dric902 said:

It’s not the problem of answering the calls, when it rings while I’m sleeping it wakes me up anyway. Got to keep it on for work calls.

I’m a prisoner, I tell ya!!!

>:(

I enjoyed giving them their damn electronic leash back.