"Abducted in Plain Sight" - on NFlx

SC Tiger

I finished up "Abducted in Plain Sight" on Netflix last night.  

Holy.  *******.  ****.  What in the HELL was wrong with these people?  The whole lot of them save the abducted girl and her sister needed to be beaten with a damn rubber hose.  Mom, dad, the whole bunch.  And I think the FBI agent interviewed would love to have done it.  That child's parents failed her over and over.

Spoiler

Spoilers:

They let this guy into their home.

They let him alone with their daughter

They let him get dirt on them (mom almost slept with the abductor and the dad gave him a handcock - both before he took their child), then put their reputations over the safety of their daughter.  

They then let the abductor use said dirt to pressure them into dropping the charges

Mom then slept with the kidnapper

They let this bastard live.  And his brother.  Both should have died horribly.  His brother was an enabler.

Holy cow.  If you watch, you won't be able to finish it in one sitting.

Edited by SC Tiger
  • Like 2

Just now, PBCounty said:

I had to shut it off.  It was just....I don't even know.

I wonder if the parents were worried about being thrown out of the LDS church if the handcock and the adultery (which BTW I don't think the mom boinked the kidnapper until after the first kidnapping) became public.

Proper response is to prosecute the hell out of the guy and then when asked about the other stuff say "You know that you're taking the word of a child predator, right?  That guy would say or do anything to get out of jail."

And the kidnapper had a wife.  How was she okay with this?

Well - this will make you smile a little:

After a violent altercation with BACA (Bikers Against Child Abuse) demonstrators opposed to Berchtold appearing at Jan's events, Berchtold was found guilty of possession of a firearm and aggravated assault. Fearing prison and rejected by the object of his obsession, Berchtold died by suicide before sentencing.

https://www.oxygen.com/martinis-murder/what-happened-to-robert-berchtold-child-molester-from-abducted-in-plain-sight

The whole system failed this girl.  Parents, criminal justice system (though the FBI and local PD did their jobs), everyone.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, PBCounty said:

Church vanity is an odd thing.

I mean no harm here but I suspect it is worse in LDS and similar churches where more of the person's identity is found through their church.  And the church has a strong central organization.

I wouldn't want it to get out if I gave the bad guy a handcock either, but I wouldn't endanger my kid to cover it up.

23 hours ago, SC Tiger said:

I mean no harm here but I suspect it is worse in LDS and similar churches where more of the person's identity is found through their church.  And the church has a strong central organization.

I wouldn't want it to get out if I gave the bad guy a handcock either, but I wouldn't endanger my kid to cover it up.

Any church that requires its members to shun you if you leave is a cult.

• Like 1