G19 replacement?

Spats McGee

• 1 month later...
On 12/18/2018 at 3:01 PM, windowasher said:

If you are still serious about that M&P, strip one down, including the trigger, clean it and put it back together.  I did that one time with wife's M&P and it cured me

I don't go beyond field stripping on much of anything, not until it's absolutely necessary.  Heck, I had my G19 for 3+ years and ~2K rounds and I never did completely strip it down.

On 12/18/2018 at 4:23 PM, Suspect Unknown said:

I am still a .45 Auto 1911 fan, and I am too old to change. I remember when the .40 came out, and there was a stampede by cops and civilians to get one.

The .40 is a great round, and I wonder how many people, even know what they are talking about sometimes. It seems like a herd mentality.

The upside is, this must be a good time to buy a used .40 S&W, there must be a lot of them available. Why? Because they want a 9mm now.

IMHO, the .40 is a perfectly fine round.  I like the 9mm and the .45 acp just fine, and don't really want to get into (and have to stock) another caliber.  That said, if I found the right deal on a .40, it might be nice to have for "variety in times of shortage."

• 2 weeks later...