9mm 1911 mags ?

Collim1

Not sure if I’m going to pick this gun up or not. The price is not right. It’s a used gun at a local shop I frequent. I think they overpaid for it. 

It’s a RIA TACII 9mm and they want $699 for it. I found one NIB with free shipping for $541 online.  Their “best offer” this afternoon was $650 and I walked.  Looks to me like they looked up MSRP and paid according to that.  

I don’t think pointing out their mistake and offering $450 will be successful. My guess is they will pass and wait for a sucker to come along and give them closer to what they have in it. 

Thanks for the responses. The gun comes with three 10rd Metalform mags. If I end up with it I will probably just order a few more of those assuming they work well in the gun. 

Regardless I am researching 9mm 1911’s now. I’m bored with my current collection, and looking for something different. 

Edited by Collim1

11 minutes ago, Collim1 said:

Not sure if I’m going to pick this gun up or not. The price is not right. It’s a used gun at a local shop I frequent. I think they overpaid for it. 

It’s a RIA TACII 9mm and they want $699 for it. I found one NIB with free shipping for $541 online.  Their “best offer” this afternoon was $650 and I walked.  Looks to me like they looked up MSRP and paid according to that.  

I don’t think pointing out their mistake and offering $450 will be successful. My guess is they will pass and wait for a sucker to come along and give them closer to what they have in it. 

Thanks for the responses. The gun comes with three 10rd Metalform mags. If I end up with it I will probably just order a few more of those assuming they work well in the gun. 

Regardless I am researching 9mm 1911’s now. I’m bored with my current collection, and looking for something different. 

I got an email from cdnn not long ago and they had Zenith 9mm 1911's for around 400$. 

I don't know anything about Zenith but I'm tempted to pick one up and give it a try.

I haggled a little and got her for a good price. He was aware he overpaid for it. 

I’m gonna clean and lube her this afternoon and give her a go at the range tomorrow. 

I will post a picture or two when I get a chance. 

Edited by Collim1
  • Like 1

I couldn’t wait to shoot it. I don’t normally shoot at the hunting camp, but it’s just s few minutes away, so I snuck out there and fired 50rds. Mainly to check function.

This is a slick little gun. I think it’s going to end up being a good purchase. I wanted something different to cure a case of bored with everything I’ve got and maybe this will be the cure for a little while. 

I especially like the lack of roll stamping on the slide, and their branding is minimal and not a bad looking logo. It’s quite a handsome little gun. 

Now to find some mags. And a holster.  

1183015E-2A68-4C0C-8FE3-3B97CBF191D0.jpeg

A23EB1B4-04BD-4B08-A941-F35B851A24F8.jpeg

Edited by Collim1
  • Like 2

The gun came with a Metalform 10rd magazine. It functioned with no issues when I shot this afternoon, so I just ordered a few more from MidwayUSA. 

It also came with two 9rd Mecgar flush fit mags. They functioned as well but weren’t as easy to seat with the magwell the gun has on it. 

19 hours ago, Collim1 said:

I couldn’t wait to shoot it. I don’t normally shoot at the hunting camp, but it’s just s few minutes away, so I snuck out there and fired 50rds. Mainly to check function.

This is a slick little gun. I think it’s going to end up being a good purchase. I wanted something different to cure a case of bored with everything I’ve got and maybe this will be the cure for a little while. 

I especially like the lack of roll stamping on the slide, and their branding is minimal and not a bad looking logo. It’s quite a handsome little gun. 

Now to find some mags. And a holster.  

1183015E-2A68-4C0C-8FE3-3B97CBF191D0.jpeg

A23EB1B4-04BD-4B08-A941-F35B851A24F8.jpeg

Looks good! 

I almost bought a Kimber 9mm micro. It was a nice looking pistol and had crimson trace laser grips on it. I think it would make a great carry pistol but I'm wanting either a full or commander sized 1911 9mm. 

I put 250 rounds through it this morning. Federal Champion aluminum case 115 grain FMJ.  100% reliability. Accuracy was outstanding.

I shot a 274 out of 300 on the FBI bull’s-eye course with it. With a little practice, and a slight tweak on the sight adjustment I think I  could shoot a 290 with her.

It’s turned out to be a great little gun. The nine round Mecgar magazines cycle reliably, but they do not slam home with the magwell that is installed on it. I’ve ordered some 10 round metalform mags that will work much better on the next outing.

Assuming it doesn’t develop a problem, it appears to be a good value for the money.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DWARREN123 said:

Nice pistol. I really don't like ambi safeties.

Have fun and be safe.

I didn’t have an opinion about them until a few minutes on the range with this pistol, my first with an ambi safety. My trigger finger indexes along the frame interferes with snicking the safety off. 

If the safety wasn’t fit so well and has such a positive and smooth operation I would already be contemplating changing it out. 

This is just a range gun so it’s not a priority at this point.